You are here
SQL Database Administrator (DBA)
- Fast-growing IT function within a reputable organisation in the Midlands.
- SQL Server 2008 / 2012, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, ETL
About Our Client
Our client is a reputable organisation in the Midlands Education sector.
Sitting within a talented Business Intelligence and IT function, the SQL Database Administrator (DBA) will hold responsibility for maintenance and continual development of the organisation's SQL Server database environment.
- Administration and maintenance of a SQL Server database environment.
- Monitoring and tuning the performance of the database and related systems.
- Development of new SQL based ETL Business Intelligence solutions.
- Liaising with end-users to identify, understand and translate business requirements into tangible technical deliverable.
- Communication and reporting of project plans and progress to senior management.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the role of SQL Database Administrator (DBA), candidates must adhere to the following criteria:
- Degree Education in IT or a related discipline.
- Talented technical specialists in SQL Server Database environment
- Ability to develop new SQL Database systems and processes
- Ability to maintain, configure and tune existing SQL based applications
- Practical exposure to moderate to large database systems
- Professional Microsoft IT Certification preferable (MCSA, MCSE, MCDBA)
- Exposure to education sector and student records management systems is highly desirable
What's on Offer
£28,000 - £40,000 basic salary
These broad bandings are based on the ability to take on either an experienced hire or at a more junior candidate with development opportunities.