You are here
- Warehouse Management
- Storeroom Manager
About Our Client
Berendsen is Europe's leading textile service business, developing and delivering value-added textile, hygiene and safety solutions within Hospitality, Healthcare, Workwear and Facility. They engage and partner with more than 150,000 customers in 16 countries across Europe.
They are a FTSE100 company and in the UK they have over 9,000 employees working at 60 sites, making them a major UK employer. The business focuses on innovation and is constantly developing new products and services to better serve the changing needs of its customers and their industries in all sectors of the economy.
Key responsibilities include:
- To ensure that the company's vision, values and policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Delegation, training, and effective management of Storeroom staff through coaching and dialogue
- Ensure compliance with (basic) quality standards and requirements
- Keep the Management team appraised of stock spend value on a regular basis
- Ensure work is kept within budgeted guidelines
- Ensure all new staff are given the necessary induction and skills training and ensure training is kept up to date
- Ensure Storeroom complies with Group and plant Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Prompt ordering of all customer stock requirements and administration of stock system
- Preparation of all garments for installation including bar code/RFID requirements
- Stock control - ensure the security, condition and acceptability of all stock.
- Produce weekly/monthly management reports
- Ensure compliance with ISO9002 company procedures
- Ensure minimum stock levels for pool stock requirements
- Liaise with Account Management/Customer Service to ensure installations are met
- Chase suppliers and inform purchasing of any issues
- Support the planning of appropriate safety training
- Ensure all functional teams and staff comply with Group and plant HR policies and procedures
- Effective recruitment and selection of new staff
- Manage textile investments in line with budget and defined KPI's
- Manage stock of textiles and plants by customers
- Drive continuous improvement in HoE results like 5S etc
- Promote staff well-being and team spirit
- Prepare draft budgets for agreement with General Manager
- Manage installation representatives
- Ensure all stores employees are multi-skilled
- Ensure effective use of ESU
- Ensure compliance to SEP
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Solid experience within production, supply chain and/or service management
- Practical knowledge of LEAN Six Sigma methodologies
- Bachelor/master degree level or alternatively a proven track record from supply industry
- IOSH certificate or country equivalent qualification.
- Experience of implementing continuous improvement programmes.
- Solid IT Skills and the ability to interpret and produce statistical data
- Organising, planning and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Coaching leadership style
- Good communication skills
- Good written and verbal skills
- Ability to listen to and influence peer group and department team members to build and lead effective working teams.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to analyse data and interpret the information effectively to continuously improve the department and/or team.
What's on Offer
A competitive basic salary and benefits package will be on offer to the successful candidate