You are here
Strategic Sourcing Lead - Global Displays
- Procurement opportunity in a leading tier-1 automotive electronics busieness
- Must have experience buying electronic displays, in consumer or automotive
About Our Client
The business are a leading manufacturing business, creating, developing and producing a number of key products that are globally well known. Our client is one of the most innovative, effective and experienced manufacturing companies worldwide.
They are a global company that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative cockpit electronics products and connected car solutions for most of the majority of global vehicle manufacturers.
They are the leading provider of instrument displays, head-up displays, information displays, audio systems, and telematics solutions and manufacture some of the world's leading brands.
With nearly 11,000 employees at more than 40 facilities in 18 countries they are the leaders in their field.
- Develop and enrole the global category strategy based on product needs and secure implementation.
- Understand updates on latest supply market information/developments and having interface with factory R&D projects.
- Build and sustain competitive and capable global supplier portfolio based on business technology requirements
Enhance supplier strategic relationships
- Engage with supplier technology roadmap to drive alignment of future product offering.
- Identify select suppliers for first to market products and joint promotions to Customers
Drive Commercial Results
- Execute Global Commodity strategy with cross functional alignment to deliver commercial objectives.
- Negotiate supplier product support quotations against pricing trends/benchmarks/cost models and execute supplier sourcing nominations.
- Structure optimal terms, contracts, and long term agreements with the supply base
- Collaborate and influence decision making with key cross internal functional teams (Engineering, Chief Technology Office, and Program Teams)
- Lead sourcing searches/benchmarking of new technology offerings for advanced products
- Engage multiple suppliers for competitive quoting to meet advanced product platform requirements and negotiate comprehensive package to meet cost performance
The Successful Applicant
- 8+ years with increasing responsibility in engineering and program management
- Demonstrated experience in Display environment through original manufacturer across consumer and automotive new technologies and clear ability to understand and leverage synergies
- Proven track record in sourcing and negotiating display components in an automotive and consumer environment using strategic techniques to achieve results.
- Strategic thinker with proven track record for development and execution of cross functional category strategies
- Ability to clearly present Display commodity strategy and performance results to executives and drive to closure key actions.
- Proactive approach to problem solving and decision making- Results orientated
- Ability to lead cross functional teams with focus and accountability.
What's on Offer
up to £90,000 plus package