You are here
Supplier and Inventory Manager
An Automotive aftermarket 3PL
Based in Oxford
About Our Client
Working as part of the Aftermarket team to develop process and working practice to enhance performance of suppliers, ensuring that they deliver the key KPIs relating to availability, back orders and inventory objective.
Through maintenance of supplier profiles, relationship building, schedule adherence, expediting and development of working practices Work with client to develop working relationships, business growth opportunities.
Review inventory profiles and parameters , demand trends to improve schedule and inventory performance
Develop and review inventory reports to challenge and avoid excess inventory levels and ways to move slow moving and excess inventory
Support Customer Service team to help provide excellent, professional customer services to all customers (both internal & external) quickly, efficiently & accurately
OPERATIONAL PROCESSES, PROCEDURES AND PROJECT DELIVERY
- Participate in functional/cross process teams on specific projects and OCC Circles
- Perform daily/weekly and monthly standard tasks and SOP's (SAP, RWS & URS)
- Liaise with customer service with reference to delivery information and urgent customer requirements, campaign activity.
- Arrange urgent deliveries based on customer requirements
- Lead Procurement activity for Campaigns and New Model Launches
MONITORING AND MEASURING
-Conduct performance reviews with vendors aimed at improving schedule adherence, lead time reduction. -
-Maintain accurate schedules and inventory levels that optimise cost, space and efficiency. -
-Extract performance statistics and material data and analyse. -
-Coordinate Client Campaign & New Model launch procurement activity to client timing plan
- Manage material procurement to minimise obsolescence risks
- Manage product costs throughout the material lifecycle.
- Develop action plans with vendors to resolve off target performance
- Negotiate with Vendors to achieve cost and supply benefit. -
-Develop standard communication routines with the Vendor base to minimise non-value added activity
The Successful Applicant
Inventory Management methods
Supply Chain Knowledge
What's on Offer
£33,000 Plus £CAR allowance