You are here
This position is now filled
Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer
- Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer in Portsmouth.
- Opportunity to join leading luxury automotive manufacturer.
About Our Client
My client, a world renowned manufacturer of luxury motor vehicles based in Portsmouth is currently seeking a Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer to join their team. As a supplier of the very best motor vehicles on the market my client has over 110 years' experience in delivering the very finest products to customers worldwide. Setting the benchmark for quality and luxury my client continues to lead the market in innovation and excellence.
As the Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer you will be responsible for the Quality Assurance of Purchased Parts throughout the complete product cycle.
- SQA contribution to early-phase concept work and supplier nomination.
- SQA activities within the simultaneous engineering teams and at suppliers as part of the industrialisation process (NPI - APQP & PPAP).
- Series process and product approval.
- Ensuring launch readiness at component level for the introduction of new models.
- Closed-loop problem resolution of parts quality issues with suppliers.
- Management of supplier quality performance and implementation of corrective actions.
- Managing the parts quality implications of product changes, supplier relocation's and model run-out.
- Proactive & reactive Supplier Development activities, impacting on supplier process yield, continuity of supply and product quality. Hands-on knowledge of Lean Manufacturing.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will:
- Have a proven track record in Supplier Quality Assurance and/or Supplier Development within automotive or other strongly technical roles in Automotive Manufacturing such as Manufacturing Engineering, Process Planning or Project Management.
- Knowledge of automotive technology and product development.
- knowledge of various manufacturing processes.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Operational knowledge of quality systems, quality tools & techniques.
- Exceptional team-working, intercultural and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to communicate and present effectively at all levels.
- Tenacity, resilience and focus.
- A good Engineering degree or equivalent.
- German language skills are desirable.
- Due to the nature of this role the holder will be expected to travel to suppliers internationally.
What's on Offer
Â£38,000 - Â£42,000 + Benefits