You are here
Supplier Quality Engineer
£30,000 - £35,000
- Automotive business
- Great opportunities within the organisation
About Our Client
Our client are a manufacturing business based in Somerset who are looking for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to join their busy team.
- Leads the relationship with the customer's quality responsible after SOP
- Organizes and supports customer's quality-related visits and audits. In case of an audit finding, organizes the investigation, correction or corrective action and verification.
- Proactively visits the customer's site as needed or requested
- Responsible for working with the customer's portal for quality and related topics
- Monitors and reports the site specific view of quality on the customer's portals
- Enters all quality requested data to customer's portal or answer the customer requests
- Advise and be the expert on the use of customer specific requirements
- Reviews and submits customer requested documentation such as requalification, data, etc.
- Discuss with customer the PPAP submission requirements in case of changes due to Technical Change Management (TCM) and coordinated the customer PPAP submission.
- Manages the deviation process with the customer.
- In case of an internal product non-conformance steers the evaluation of the non-conformity based on defined and agreed customer specifications.
- In case of a customer complaint (0km and field) initiates the problem solving process with the relevant team. In cases of a formal complaint, reviews and submits the required documentation to the customer and ensures timeliness of submission based on customer's expectation.
- In case of field complaints, enters the field data into SAP WM, negotiates technical factor, and rejects claims and initiated Alters as appropriate.
- Actively participated in continuous improvement/corrective action activities of quality related processes and ensures the right application of Quality tools and expertise.
- Has the authority and the responsibility to stop any process or product delivery in case of a serious non-conformance of customer expectations, safety or environmental risks, etc.
The Successful Applicant
The suitable Supplier Quality Engineer will have:
- University degree (Bachelor or Master) in Engineering
- At least 3 years of experience in Quality in the Automotive industry
- Experience in Quality Management Systems, Problem Solving, FMEA, PPAP and Statistics
- Ability to interpret drawings and requirements for ensuring the adherence to agreed Quality parameters
What's on Offer
£30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience