You are here
Supply Chain Manager
- Global Manufacturing organisation
- Experience with Planning, Line line feed, Material control
About Our Client
Global manufacturing organisation based in West Yorkshire
The Supply Chain Manager role offers an excellent opportunity to progress potentially into an international role. You will be strong leader with excellent knowledge of JIT techniques and ideally have been involved in ERP implementation & Development projects previously.
As the Supply Chain Manager you will take responsibility for:
Management, training, direction and motivation of 10 + staff within the Planning, logistics and customer service departments
Managing and Implementing improvement processes and procedures to ensure the efficient receipt, storage, stock management and dispatch of materials
Improving the materials flow and implementing a JIT system between sites to meet the production schedule
* Establish Operational Scorecard, Master Schedule and Policy Targets
* Achieve first time through objectives - ensuring right parts are in the right place at the right time
* Ensure Operations compliance to accreditation's - Manufacturing Quality Operating System, and General Audit Office
* Drive continuous improvement projects and meet productivity objectives
* Drive Synchronous Material Flow operational principles in MP&L / production areas
* Departmental Budget Formulation
* Manage headcount budget & forecast for Linefeed Operations
* Drive overhead savings through tight controls on scrap, overtime, non-production spend, etc.
* Manage production & non production Inventory levels within budget and ensure compliance to Internal Control standards
* Manage obsolescence through effective run in / run out parts management.
* Ensure conformance to Plant Working Practices
The Successful Applicant
What you'll need to be the Supply Chain Manager based in W. Yorkshire
* Excellent & Effective Communication skills.
* Organisational and management skills
* Able to work under their own initiative and within a team environment.
* Has broad understanding of Material Planning & Logistics activities
* Robust Problem Solving skills
* Experience of managing 3rd party contractor
* Understands lean production principles
* Project management skills
What's on Offer