You are here
Supply Chain Manager
- Michael Page are looking to recruit for a Supply Chain Manager
- For a blue chip Aerospace organisation in the West Midlands
About Our Client
My Client is a leading aerospace organisation based in the west midlands
- Contributing to or exceeding site profit plan goals related to: cost savings, economics, quality, supplier rationalisation, low cost sourcing and other agreed objectives.
- Implement and influence supply chain strategies for the site and process improvement
- Lead, motivate, support and develop supply chain staff members
- Support of proper Make or Buy decisions, prepare data and slides for relevant strategic gate reviews.
- Support efforts concerning supply base rationalisation and supplier development.
- Ensuring the cost, quality and time-oriented supply of the required goods and materials in line with the respective business plans, budgets, targets, and strategies.
- Deliver ethical and compliant supply chain contract management practices ensuring the incorporation into New Product Introduction Methodologies
- Manage effective warehousing and logistics channels around the site to the best "Total Value" proposition ensuring all KPIs are measured and improved upon
- Deploy lean warehouse and inventory management principles to drive turns and cash improvements
- Gain functional efficiencies through business system rationalisation and improvements delivering a best in class solution
- Contributing and implementing short, medium and long-term material strategies that are aligned with site and divisional objectives and benefit the business by developing supplier relationships, leveraging optimum prices and reducing cost and risk within the supply chain.
- Contract management and implementation on key strategic direct and indirect suppliers and sub-contractors
- Managing the supplier selection process and ensuring that contracts are in place with all key suppliers within the direct material commodity.
- Managing the supplier performance - namely delivery performance, unit cost, non-recurring costs, financial claims, financial health, and quality performance - and the improvement of such to meet agreed business objectives and value creation targets.
- Holding regular senior business review meetings with key suppliers.
- Analysing suppliers cost competitiveness and work with suppliers to reduce cost through product and process improvement.
- Employing risk management to identify and assessing the risk of a supply failure. Develop contingency plans or take pro-active action to minimise or eliminate risk.
- Supporting any direct material procurement tasks within the Bid and NPI process
- Working with the other regional procurement/commodity team leads to ensure that ideas are cascaded to all areas and that all regions are following the same strategic direction.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, or related technical field. Master's degree preferred. CIPS Membership
- Minimum of 5 years purchasing experience with 3-5 years in Aerospace industry preferred.
- Ability to cooperate with people of different levels inside/outside the company and to interact with team to reach team goals and business objectives.
- Ability to empower others to achieve results through motivation, recognition and performance feedback.
- Ability to express information in a manner appropriate to different levels of people & to lead and close out negotiations.
- Ability to recognize, respond to customer expectations with sense of urgency
- Ability to take full responsibility for decisions & results even when all elements are not under individual direct control.
- Ability to set goals consistent with company objectives and to adapt plans to changing environment.
- Experience in implementing industry leading best practices.
- Proven ability in strategy deployment
- Excellent leadership skills
- Proven ability to motivate and co-ordinate in a multi-functional environment
- Proven project management techniques
- Excellent communication skills - including first class reporting techniques
- Substantive commercial, negotiation and financial skills
What's on Offer