You are here
Supply Chain Project Manager
- Forward Thinking Supply Chain Professional
- Retailer in Hertfordshire
About Our Client
The client is a forward thinking Retail Business based in Hertfordshire, who are contiguously challenging the norm in ways of working, looking for process improvements such as reduced lead time, cost savings across the product life cycle and faster warehouse processes.
The business has experienced significant yet sustainable growth in recent years, which is why this position has been able to come about. However with the increased business size, they are still considered and operate as an SME and give their staff unrivalled levels of autonomy and opportunity to build a quickly progressing and exciting career path for themselves.
As Supply Chain Project Manager you will be responsible for understanding the supply chain process from end to end and identify areas in need of improvement and suggesting and creating action plans for delivery for successful long term business process improvements.
Roles and Responsibilities will include
- Continuously supply chain analysis
- Identification of improvements needed
- Development and Implementation of long term and sustainable process improvements
- Manage key stake holder relationships both internally and externally to ensure supply chain vision is uniform across all parties and they are engaged in the business process change.
- Consistently assist operational supply chain team in any additional tasks
- Constant review of projects, adapting and tweaking action plans accordingly as the projects evolve and unforeseen circumstances between to arise
- Prioritising the long term strategy of the business through analysis of cost effectiveness, sustainability, wastage, 3rd party relationships etc.
The Successful Applicant
The successful supply chain project manager will have a specific set of intangible skills. There are aspects of the role which will be able to be taught, however ideally the candidate will have the following attributes.
- Have experience working in a supply chain function whether that be operationally or on a project or analyst basis.
- Understanding of supply chain processes and ability to identify areas in need of improvement
- Have great analysis skills and numerical ability, to understand broad supply chain concepts and ability to manipulate and interpret large quantities of data.
- Have strong levels of resilience, as you will be required to bring ideas to the table from your analysis, some of which will not be used or will be adapted during the process.
- Have passion for process improvement, and a real drive to see projects through
- Have strong influencing skills as they will be working with multiple stake holders within the business and externally, so it is important to ensure all supply chain visions are uniform and understood.
- Be able to work cross functionally and keen to help with adhoc roles to assist the core operational supply chain team when assistance is required.
- Be able to commute to Hertfordshire
What's on Offer
This is an opportunity to work as a supply chain project manager in a progressive retail business and have a genuine input on their continued evolution given the amount of autonomy given in such a business.
Salary is dependent on experience and is paying £25-35000
Bonus, Pension, Private Health care