You are here
Tax Manager, International Client Base - London
leading mid-tier firm
Clients; International, Technology and Media
About Our Client
A leading international practice, where tax is the dominant service line. In this team you'll have the scope to grow your career in line with the strengths and develop any areas you'd want to specialise in.
- This will involve responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided, and maintaining regular contact with clients
- There will be an expectation that you will take full responsibility for project delivery on their portfolio
- Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collection within the firms criteria
- Review of work prepared by more junior members of staff
- Liaise with HMRC
- To ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client/Partner /Principle informed of overruns and plan staff assignments in order to give an appropriate spread of experience
- Ensure that the firms quality control procedures are adhered to including second partner review
- Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Partner/Principle/ Senior Manager, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Partner/Principal/Senior Manager, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
The Successful Applicant
- Participate in bids/proposals for new work
- Communication and representation:
- Develop contact with clients at senior level and maintain contact with other levels as appropriate to ensure the firm has the confidence of the client
- Act as a liaison between the client and other specialist service groups wit
- Contribute centrally by lecturing on internal courses
- To work on own initiative
- Consult with colleagues and Partners on technical and risk matters.
- Requirements Experience in, or a willingness to learn, about R&D tax credits.
- Staff management experience
- Maintain an in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation
- Ability to profitably manage a client portfolio
- To actively seek opportunities for developing new clients and for selling new services to existing clients
- Experience of dealing direct with clients
What's on Offer
- The opportunity s for you to work within a progressive firm, amongst skilled and interesting people
- You'll receive the support to grow as a professional within the tax team
- Competitive remuneration
- Career progression
If you want to hear more, please contact Neal Craig on 020 72692258