You are here
- Newly created Tax Manager position, reporting into Head of Transactions and Tax
- Fast growing Group with a commerical enviroment, based in Central London
About Our Client
One Housing Group are a profit driven Housing Association, with a fast expanding commercial arm. With plans to build over 3,600 homes by 2019; their vision is to create affordable housing through the commercial acquisition and sale of private property & care homes. The Group also manages a portfolio of over 16,000 homes across 27 London boroughs. The working environment is highly commercial, and would suit individuals from leading practice firms.
The Tax Manager would have overall responsibility for all of One Housing Groups tax affairs.
The position will provide oversight and implementation of all tax matters for the Group; the main responsibilities include:
- Working closely with internal stakeholders on the structuring and tax implications of all new property developments.
- Providing tailored support & advice for all business units including transactional and investment decisions.
- Responsible for the updating and implementation of the Group Tax Strategy
- Responsibility for the Direct & Indirect Tax compliance processes, working with external advisors where appropriate.
- Work with colleagues to co-ordinate and plan for improvements in tax management and seek ways to enhance.
- Supporting the Groupâs documentation & tax compliance systems to meet all the groupâs reporting obligations.
- Seek opportunities to maximise tax reliefs andÂ efficiency's available across the Group; through effective tax planning.
- To streamline and automate the tax function wherever possible, improving the quality and speed of reporting and processing.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with external tax advisers, auditors, HMRC, internal auditors and senior management across the Group.
- Provide ad hoc support to the Group Director Finance & Resources and Director of Financial Management on matters arising within the areas covered by the job role.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have:
- Professional Qualifications (ACA/ACCA/CTA)
- Working knowledge of Direct, or Indirect Tax
- Trained in top accountancy practice
- Capable of taking a lead role in setting and enhancing tax policy for the group.
- Ability to influence by identifying the interests of stakeholders and negotiate mutually beneficial solutions
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Good level of IT skills and literacy, especially Excel.
What's on Offer
£50,000 - £60,000 with a highly competitive package