You are here
- A Forward-Thinking Accountancy Practice Seeking Tax Manager
- Position Offering Market Leading Salaries and Benefits
About Our Client
A firm who prides themselves on being forward-thinking and efficient. Combining sound skills in accounting, taxation and business matters with a progressive and practical attitude to technology. Offering highly competitive salaries and progression if desired within the business pending performance.
- To provide exceptional levels of service to both Corporate and Personal clients on a wide variety of tax specific areas. These services will include strategic planning, transactional advice and managing project work. All service must be on a cost effective & timely basis.
- Provide support and assistance in the management of tax compliance activities.
- Work with Partners and autonomously to create and deliver innovative solutions for our clients. This will involve proactive tax planning, delivering a unique benefit to existing and potential clients, truly adding value to our client's businesses and individual wealth.
- Seeking to progress the role and the roles of the team by seeking to take more advanced work from the partners. This will include delegating more routine work to others, thereby aiding cost-effectiveness and adding to interest/training within the Department.
- Working independently and assisting the Partners in taking responsibility for the proactive promotion of the firm in conjunction with the marketing department. This will specifically focus on the Tax and Wealth Planning such that clients, prospects, contact and relevant associated bodies are aware of the services we offer.
- Actively promoting the growth of the firm in key geographical regions, requiring regular (weekly) travel to Kettering and other sites where required.
- Seek to identify business and personal tax planning opportunities as part of the review process. Drawing to attention of partners/ clients as appropriate. Preparation of necessary reports/computations etc, liaising with other professional advisers as required.
- Act as a focal point of tax knowledge within the firm, proactively disseminating that knowledge to relevant individuals to actively improve the overall tax ability within the firm. Assist with tax training across the firm.
- Manage the Tax & Wealth Planning Department to meet departmental objectives through planning. This includes completing staff appraisals, monitoring and effective delegation, utilising the skills and knowledge within the existing team and sourcing additional knowledge. Providing relevant feedback (good and bad!) and training.
- Reviewing tax work performed by more junior staff.
- Along with the Partners take ownership of controlling WIP by progressing work to completion/ billing point swiftly. Liaising with partners re WIP and raising bills/ assisting as required.
- Developing knowledge of clients and their businesses to become the point of contact on day-to-day matters for the assigned clients.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong marketing, networking and business development skills
- Pro-active management skills, resulting in high performance teams.
- Strong listening skills
- In depth Corporate/Business Tax and Personal Tax knowledge
- Knowledge of Tax return production software and their uses and benefits.
- Solid MS Office products knowledge
- Strong presence
- Excellent communication skills
- Quickly builds rapport and trust
- Highly confidential
- Good networker
- Attention to detail
What's on Offer
£45-£55k P/A + Benefits