You are here
This position is now filled
- 2-3 days a week
- Bakery experience desirable
About Our Client
Family run FMCG Manufacturer
- Accountable for Quality and Food Safety of the plant, ensuring full compliance with Company Quality, Food Safety, Legal, Health & Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Responsible for the implementation of central standards & BRC Standard for Food Safety requirements.
- Pro-actively lead initiatives to continuously improve the Quality performance within the factory. This is achieved by identifying and implementing key performance indicators for Quality and Food Safety and leading initiatives to improve the performance. This will result in a Quality Programme that provides support and leadership to all site functions.
- To play a pro-active role on the Site Leadership Team. To provide leadership on Quality and Food Safety issues in addition to supporting other Productivity, Safety and Sustainability initiatives that are undertaken within the plant.
- To ensure compliance to Health & Safety regulations both within the Technical department and on a wider basis, within the Bradford plant.
- To manage the Budget for the Technical department. Accountable for the implementation of appropriate Financial Controls to ensure that the spend is appropriately managed and cost saving initiatives identified and initiated where appropriate.
- To take an active part in the promotion, implementation and development of the Company's Total Quality process. To apply a Total Quality approach throughout the full range of responsibilities.
- Responsible for the development, implementation & maintenance of a food defence programme for the site.
- Coordinates customer interface where required.
- To manage the Organisational Development of the Technical Team at Bradford. This includes defining the Departmental Structure and ensuring that every individual receives feedback about their performance through appraisal and adequate training and development through participation in their own Personal Development Plan.
- To play an active and influential role in the Quality and Technical community for Hovis Ltd. To share Quality and Food Safety initiatives, Quality Best Practice and KPI's with Quality and Technical professionals from other plants in the business.
- To deputise as appropriate, in accordance with the Incident Crisis Management Manual.
- Site point of contact for Central Compliance Team.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience in senior technical role in food manufacturing, retail or service
- People management experience
- HACCP/Pest Control experience
- Budget management
- Systematic problem solving
- Influencing and challenging
- Ability to manage customers and enforcement authorities
What's on Offer
Day rate negotiable**