You are here
- Technical Director
- Food Manufacturing
About Our Client
My client is a market leading Food Manufacturing business with multiple sites in the UK supplying customers globally. They are incredibly forward thinking and progressive and value investment in people and innovation as critical to their success.
This is a great opportunity to support the progress of this site and will provide an opportunity to develop further within the business.
Reporting to the Site General Manager (with a dotted line into group), as part of the senior management team, you will be responsible for the following:
- Attending consistency / taste panels both on site and external;
- Operations performance supporting ATP/RFT;
- Continuous improvement "GMP" standards;
- Continuous improvement of Product Quality in conjunction with other departments and customers;
- Implementation of Technical Strategy plan;
- Complaints management factory action plans;
- Process standards/understanding/ challenge testing food safety controls;
- Optimising process/food safe critical controls and QMS;
- Senior Management Team Meetings and related activity;
- Coaching and Development of Technical Team;
- Succession planning
Operating within defined procedures, plans, budgets, programmes, etc. The jobholder is expected to anticipate problems or needs and get on with resolving them without being asked. The role has responsibility for:
- Continuous improvement of quality systems and customer/legal compliance in the manufacturing environment
- Continuous improvement of process critical controls and food safety
- Driving product quality standards/consistency to customer expectations
- Managing customer visits/audits/new products to launch and key customer interface
- Supporting new product/process or packing technologies to food safe standards
- Shared learning across all sites
- Interface with all departments developing common processes to deliver planned factory performance
- Part of the Site Management team, responsible for ensuring that the site meets targets and delivers agreed Group Strategies and Divisional Targets.
- Ensuring the General Manager and the Site Management Team are aware of Technical Issues (internal and external) that may impact on the performance of the business.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in your application for the Technical Director role, you will ideally have the following:
- Degree level qualification in Food related science/business management, supported by relevant experience in Food manufacturing;
- "Lead Assessor" trained or equivalent
- Managing cross functional teams (Technical Systems, QA's & Process Control) and structures within companies supplying major retailers;
- A track record of managing the customers expectations through site audits, visits, emails and phone calls;
- Well versed with customer presentations at a senior technical level;
- Will have managed a crisis situation and interfaced with senior industry representatives (FSA, retailer senior Technical Managers etc);
- HACCP validation systems and fundamental understanding of key retailer/Brand codes of practice;
What's on Offer
£competitive + excellent benefits package
This is an opportunity to join a market leading, innovative food manufacturing business that is well respected and continues to drive forward by investing in people, process and plant whilst maintaining a high level of service and standards to its customers.
This will offer an excellent challenge and career opportunity for the right person.