You are here
This position is now filled
- Well Estasblished Food Manufacturer
- Exposure to Multiple Food Categories
About Our Client
This company manufacturer a broad range of food products & as a result have invested in stringent quality processes in order to ensure customer satisfaction. You have the chance to work with multiple food categories & with some of the leading food retailers.
As the Technical Manager you will be managing a quality & technical team, leading the site technical strategy across this Northamptonshire based facility.
- To implement the technical strategy on a day to day basis, ensuring that all technical standards, customer codes of practice & Food Safety, Quality & Legislation practices.
- To assure food safety through an effectively managed HACCP system, which reflects best practice and current legislation.
- To set & maintain the Technical budget and look for ways of reducing cost without compromising Technical standards.
- To set, improve & maintain the Technical Quality Management System and look for ways of improving ways of working.
- To lead the team to ensure accurate implementation and analysis of agreed standards.
- To monitor all testing results and implement and corrective actions where required.
- To interpret trends and data and advise on corrective action strategy.
- Manage daily, weekly, monthly reporting based on appropriate internal & external KPIs.
- To maintain quality standards of existing products and assure product safety & quality are included as part of all NPD.
- To develop and manage continuous improvement systems.
- Key interface with operations and NPD teams to aid launch products on time to assured quality and safety requirements.
- To facilitate new and innovative processes and systems that improve the way products are made.
- To ensure that hygiene practices within areas are adequate to ensure safety standards.
- To support production to actively maintain technical standards advising on how to tackle issues that may compromise technical integrity.
- To maintain a positive working relationship with the customer ensuring that all customer requirements are consistently met in a timely manner, providing information and accurate technical advice.
The Successful Applicant
A Technical Manager with food manufacturing experience & with:
- Ideally a Degree or equivalent in relevant technical discipline.
- Previous man management experience with direct responsibility for a team.
- Direct dealing with major retailers and other customers
- Ability to interpret technical data, ensuring accuracy and consistency.
- Excellent communication, presentation and project management skills.
What's on Offer
Circa Â£53,000 - Â£60,000 + Benefits