You are here
- Multi national food manufacturer
- Varied and exciting role
About Our Client
The Food Manufacturer are a family-owned company based in South West England is part of a wider organisation with a turnover of 2 billion Euros. It is a leading European fruit transformation and chilled dairy producer manufacturing the internationally famous brands, as well as many private label products. They have production facilities across Europe and beyond including the USA, China, and New Zealand.
The company believes in people above anything else. Its success has come from empowering hands-on, pragmatic individuals within a dynamic, solution-seeking and market-share winning organisation. Entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged and consumer satisfaction is paramount. If you are willing to invest in the company the company will invest in you.
The work environment is fast, varied and "politic" free. Communication is uncomplicated and direct relying on the trust built through professional expertise and a real team player attitude.
There is pride within the organisation to be the manufacturer of simple, high quality food offering great value to the consumer. In short, an "international good food maker".
The Food Manufacturer is a major supplier of ambient fruit-based and chilled yogurts and desserts, dealing directly with all major retailers and sectors within the UK. They acquired a dairy site (180 people) and heavily invested in new, state-of-the-art, chilled desserts product lines, unique on the market.
The company has experienced rapid growth, doubling the size of the business in the last 4 years.
The Technical Manager will be based in the South West and responsible for:
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Day to day management of the technical team
- Manage the HACCP on site
- Implement into all factory areas the standards by which the Company operates and seek to raise them continuously (includes production, goods in, engineering, process…)
- Manage the QMS system
- Training of staff against the systems and procedures in place
- Management of Factory non-conformance's
- Management for the investigation of customer complaints and implementation of corrective and preventative actions based on trending and analysis of data
- Working with production to validate all processes and procedures
- Managing the technical indicators, working with laboratory manager
- Carrying out internal and hygiene audits in conjunction with the appropriate departmental managers to verify that the factory is complying to all customer codes of practice and BRC standards
- Responsibility for pest control across the whole site
- Managing internal and external audit actions with the departmental managers to ensure these are reduced and completed within the given time-frame
- Reviewing internal Work Instructions and practices vs. customer codes of practice / BRC requirements to implement and train any required changes
The Successful Applicant
Technical Manager should be a hands-on leader, who is also a good team-player. They should have the ability to get things done and maintain a positive attitude and zeal even when the going is tough and your working under pressure.
Background & skills
More than experience or education, Andros is looking for personality and attitude. Someone who wants and has the skills to contribute positively to the growth of the company.
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines when necessary.
- Experience of working within a food factory - preferable fruit or dairy.
- Ideally, knowledge of customer codes or practice and BRC requirements.
- Experience of Quality Management Systems.
- Degree educated or equivalent in a Food Discipline.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
- Honesty and reliability.
- Attention to details.
What's on Offer
- Company pension 6% employer contribution
- 25 days holiday + Bank holidays
- Company sick pay
- 4 x Death in Service