You are here
Technical Sales Manager
- A technical sales professional from the chemicals/ polymers/ resins industry?
- Experience selling into the construction industry? e.g. flooring, concrete etc
About Our Client
Our client is a leading global producer of industrial minerals and a worldwide distributor of speciality chemicals. The business has a global presence extending to more than 180 locations in over 50 countries with 8,000 employees.
The business serves a diverse range of markets including forest products (fiber-based products such as paper, board and tissue), polymers, building materials (paints, coatings, sealants, adhesives and construction materials) as well as life sciences (food, feed, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, environmental products and agriculture).
Their Construction business (where this opportunity sits) supplies products into a wide variety of applications including ready mixed and precast concrete goods, Adhesives and Sealants, Glass production, Foundry applications and Road & Roofing applications.
The objectives for the Technical Sales Manager include:
- Pro-actively drive forward sales and gross margin within the Construction division by managing all aspects of the customer relationship
- Ensure that sales value and gross margin targets are met and exceeded
- Responsible for the total customer interface to maintain and grow existing business with current customers
- To identify and develop relationships to grow opportunities and new business with prospective and existing customers
- Successfully negotiate contracts with customers utilising strong commercial acumen to maximise the success of the business
- Provide technical support to customers through close co-ordination with R&D
- Help to direct the business's Sales & Marketing Strategy by analysing and reporting on application, customer and competitor activity and identifying gaps in the portfolio
- Upsell a wide range of products, maximising revenue opportunities
The Successful Applicant
Suitable candidates will ideally come from a relevant technical environment and have a successful track record in technical sales, but we will also consider Technical candidates looking for their first step into a commercial Sales role.
We are looking for candidates who have demonstrated an ability to sell in a consultative manner and who have managed direct customers within the UK. Industrial sales experience will ideally come from the chemical, polymers, cement/ concrete industry.
You will have outstanding communication skills to enable effective relationships with a diverse range of customers and internal stakeholders including a variety of cultures and languages. A Materials Science, Polymer Chemist or Chemical/Process Engineering background would be an advantage.
The jobholder will be home office based and will need to be flexible as he / she will be required to travel extensively across the UK. Occasional visits to offices in Europe will be required.
What's on Offer
An attractive remuneration package is on offer for the successful applicant and this will include a contributory pension scheme and a company car.