You are here
Test Analyst - Front-end Guru
Work for a Financial Giant
Great Salary + Uncapped Bonus
About Our Client
Great Salary + Uncapped Bonus
Our client is leading in the financial sector as a trading platform provider that has had phenomenal growth over the last 12 months due to their award winning next generation platform. this is because their customers are at the heart of everything they do and as such their standards for Quality Assurance are second to none.
Our client wants a Test Analyst to join their ever growing front-end development team. You will be working as a quality assurance role on our client facing trading platforms which both run on multiple platforms (Desktop, Iphone, Ipad, Tablet, Android phones) The chosen candidate will have strong skills in user interface manual testing proven in a commercial environment. Exposure to financial markets is essential.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work alongside Business Analysts, Developers and other Test Analysts to review business and technical requirements and prepare high level test cases
Execute test cases in a systematic and organised fashion, raising defects and preparing reports on test coverage.
Conduct regular regression testing across all the Frontend platforms and help produce and maintain regression test packs.
Provide help investigating issues in the test and development environment
Experience using defect management systems, especially JIRA.
Create and document test cases in Jira/Redmine and Confluence or similar tools
Execute test cases during the sprint, and use automation techniques as applicable. Document and track defects in Jira, confluence or similar tools
Assist the support and customer facing teams to investigate and resolve live issues
Maintain personal/professional development to meet the changing demands of the role, including all relevant regulatory and legislative training
When dealing with all customers, clients or colleagues ensure that we provide a clear, fair and consistent high quality service that presents a professional and positive image for the company that you represent.
Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality
Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
Ensure all stories follow the correct JIRA process workflow through QA/UAT to done and are properly communicated with the project team and business owners
The Successful Applicant
- At least 3 years working as a dedicated test analysts within an IT team in the financial services sector
- Strong understanding of at least 1 tool for managing test cases and test coverage
- Proven experience of using story/bug tracking tools (e.g. Jira)
- Basic understanding of waterfall and agile development methodologies
- Can demonstrate a proven track-record of work in an Agile environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision, taking ownership of tasks large and small
- Good understanding of web technologies - HTML, CSS, HTTP/HTTPS protocol.
- Exposure to Mobile/Tablet App/Browser testing and automation
What's on Offer
Awesome Base Salary
Great Benefit Package