You are here
Test lab manager
- Test lab manager
- Test lab manager
About Our Client
My client is an international Manufacturer of plastic and mechanical parts for the Manufacturing and Production sector.
My client - an international manufacturer of plastic and mechanical components are looking for a test lab manager to fulfil the following responsibilities at their London site -
- To play a key role in the support of the businesses primary functions.
- To provide a high quality test facility to ensure the functional suitability of new products for their intended market by providing a resource for concurrent testing of product during the development and verification phase of that project and providing an end of project, independent validation test program and report to enable final sign off of that project.
- To provide a resource to test and advise on product performance to support the businesses after sales services.
- To adhere to company procedures and develop laboratory work instructions to standardise testing where appropriate in accordance with current Health & Safety legislation.
- To manage and plan the test lab resource to ensure an efficient use of equipment.
- To ensure all test lab equipment is maintained in operational condition and has a regular maintenance service where required.
- To identify test lab equipment which is critical to meeting department timescales and to have a formal breakdown contract or a current contingency plan for that equipment.
- To manage Test Engineers and Technicians; to assign test responsibilities in line with the timing requirements of the Engineering department and the needs of the sales teams / customer as represented by the Engineering Assistance Request system.
To manage and develop all Test Laboratory staff such that they can;
- Effectively plan, develop and run assigned test programs.
- Provide feedback to project team colleagues to define relevant test plans for new product introduction.
- Clearly contribute both factual test data and opinion in cross-discipline meetings as required.
- To use and develop the current test reporting structure such that the test laboratory output is aware of and effective for its intended customer and reflects the company need for IP and confidentiality control as required.
- To identify the need for staff training and development in the Test Laboratory and to participate in the interview and selection of Test Laboratory staff as required.
- To be aware of any new technology which directly influences the requirements or effectiveness of the Test Laboratory and to raise the awareness of this technology within the business.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for my clients Test Lab Manager role at their London site will provide evidence of the following -
- Track record in a mechanical engineering Test Laboratory, preferably at management level.
- Track record of working in a test environment that is UKAS / Namas accredited or part of a large organisation providing a test facility for new product introduction.
- Knowledge of mechanical and plastic components.
What's on Offer
Is between £40,000 and £60,000