You are here
This position is now filled
Tool Development Engineer
- Tier 1 Automotive business
- Opportunity to develop Engineering Department
About Our Client
The client is a Tier 1 Automotive supplier dealing with major OEM's such as JLR, Nissan and Volvo. With a global reach this business has an excellent backing and is a well known Automotive supplier around the world.
- Ensure that all production tools and fixtures are at their maximum availability at all times.
- To minimise unplanned stoppages with tools by carrying out essential maintenance work at regular intervals as per the maintenance schedule.
- To liaise with production shift managers to determine priorities for Tool checks & plant requirements.
- To assist in the ongoing plan to overhaul the existing tooling & production plant to ensure it can reliably cope with the fast changing production demands
- To assist in ensuring that all production plant is at its maximum availability at all times.
- To assist in ensuring that all equipment within the site is functional and well maintained.
- Assist in maintaining the quality and effectiveness of preventative maintenance schedules.
- To assist in maintaining the effectiveness of the annual shutdown program.
- To assist in maintaining that adequate stocks of spare parts are readily available to meet all normal maintenance demands.
- To work within a team to ensure the maximum effectiveness of the engineering department.
- To comply with all relevant safety and environmental regulations for the protection of the environment , including the handling of hazardous materials and control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH).
The Successful Applicant
2-3 years experience in a Tool making position.
2-3 years experience in a Maintenance role - Preferably Multi-Skilled
Relevant Engineering Qualifications.
Experience in Automotive is beneficial but not essential.
What's on Offer
Competitive Hourly rate