You are here
Top 20 Practice - Media Bookkeeper
Top 20, London, Bookkeeper
ACCA, ACA, AAT, Media Clients
About Our Client
Our client is a Top 20 firm based in a fantastic location in Central London working within the media and entertainment team. This firm have many years experience in professional services; covering auditing, accounting and taxation services along with expert business advice
Our client provides a great opportunity for client exposure with an exciting client base that covers the length and breadth of the country as well as internationally. This team provides business management to established individuals and our clients include many household names within the film and television industry, writers in all genre, comedians, presenters, composers, musicians, opera singers, models, and many more. They also act for producers, directors, choreographers, designers , agents and managers, having worked with them for many years, and can ensure that both their own and their client's needs are fulfilled
This firm looks after its staff and put a lot of energy into ensuring they feel rewarded and providing opportunity for career progression. They are a people focused business and are extremely keen on building relationships with new or existing clients, or developing and supporting people internally. They pride ourselves on their training programmes which are available to staff at all levels and across all disciplines.
The successful candidate will be required to carry out the following;
- You will be responsible for a full range of disciplines including;
- Monthly/ Weekly Bookkeeping
- Processing of EC sales
- Bank Reconciliations
- Journal Postings
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly VAT returns
- Preparation of management accounts
- Compilation of year end accounts
- Prepare and maintain working paper files to a very high standard
- Close liaison with clients and other stakeholders, often direct contact at Partner level.
- Have a strong understanding of the intricacies of bookkeeping for media and entertainment clients.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Bookkeeper MUST have the following skills:
- AAT/ ACCA/ ACA qualified (or studying towards)
- Experience in bookkeeping (2 years +)
- A good understanding of Excel
- A good eye for attention to detail
- A good working knowledge of MS Word
- Good organisational skills
- Problem solving
- Communication skills
- A motivated approach.
- Able to meet time constrictions and tight deadlines.
- Able to use XERO and Microsoft Office
- Minimum 1 year of experience in bookkeeping in a U.K. practice.
- Inter-personal and communication skills are essential.
What's on Offer
- Top 20 Accountancy Practice
- £24000-£30000 per annum
- Client Exposure