You are here
Trade Compliance Manager
- Global Pharmaceutical Company
- seeking Specialist Trade Compliance Manager
About Our Client
Our client was the world's sixth largest pharmaceutical company as of 2015.The company has a primary listing on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. As of August 2016 it had a market capitalisation of £81 billion, the fourth largest on the London Stock Exchange. It has a secondary listing on the New York Stock Exchange.
The Trade Compliance Manager will be responsible for performing and managing tariff classifications globally.
Specifically this will entail:
- The Trade Compliance Manager will ensure the delivery of the Tariff Classifications according to SLAs agreed with customers, and risk and compliance frameworks.
- Delivery of service performance KPIs and metrics.
- Follow Tariff Classification processes.
- Report service issues and deal with in a timely manner. Escalate issues with proposed mitigation's to service lead.
- Implement approved projects and initiatives to address performance gaps and continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of tariff classification service delivery.
- Responsible for understanding process and tariff classification service risks and ensuring that they are identified, mitigated , controlled and reported appropriately.
- Work closely the business to understand and classify our products and raw materials with the appropriate tariff/commodity code to comply with import & export regulations.
- Maintenance of the central classification database with codes, ensuring alignment to SAP and JDE systems and Infosteward results.
- Identifying issues and risks.
Service Planning and Evolution
- Deliver service enhancements or changes .
- Delivery of service elements to plan to support acquisitions or divestment's, implementation of CERPS and other ERP changes, process improvements and risk mitigation's.
- Implement strategic plan for service evolution, incorporating best practices and process plans developed by the GPO.
Customer Relationship Management
- Manage relationships with the business areas requesting classifications and suppliers providing supporting information required to perform classifications.
- Manage the relationship and SLA with the 3rd partner suppliers of the central tariff classification database.
- Gathering of informal Tariff Classification customer feedback, reviewing performance and agreeing targets and plans.
- Communicating results to customers.
The Successful Applicant
- Active team member.
- Active participation in regular comms cells.
- Science Degree
- Working knowledge of Free Trade agreements and preferential origin rules.
- Working knowledge of other customs duty related special regimes/provisions.
- Working knowledge of global customs procedures.
- Knowledge of export regulations across the globe.
- Supply chain activities.
- Strong import/export classification experience in pharmaceutical or chemical industry.
- Strong customer focus.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
What's on Offer