You are here
Trade Compliance Manager
Global Pharmaceutical Company
seeking Specialist Trade Compliance Manager
About Our Client
Our client was the world's sixth largest pharmaceutical company as of 2015.The company has a primary listing on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. As of August 2016 it had a market capitalisation of £81 billion, the fourth largest on the London Stock Exchange. It has a secondary listing on the New York Stock Exchange.
The Trade Compliance Manager will be responsible for performing and managing tariff classifications globally.
Specifically this will entail:
- The Trade Compliance Manager will ensure the delivery of the Tariff Classifications according to SLAs agreed with customers, and risk and compliance frameworks.
- Delivery of service performance KPIs and metrics.
- Follow Tariff Classification processes.
- Report service issues and deal with in a timely manner. Escalate issues with proposed mitigation's to service lead.
- Implement approved projects and initiatives to address performance gaps and continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of tariff classification service delivery.
- Responsible for understanding process and tariff classification service risks and ensuring that they are identified, mitigated , controlled and reported appropriately.
- Work closely the business to understand and classify our products and raw materials with the appropriate tariff/commodity code to comply with import & export regulations.
- Maintenance of the central classification database with codes, ensuring alignment to SAP and JDE systems and Infosteward results.
- Identifying issues and risks.
Service Planning and Evolution
- Deliver service enhancements or changes .
- Delivery of service elements to plan to support acquisitions or divestment's, implementation of CERPS and other ERP changes, process improvements and risk mitigation's.
- Implement strategic plan for service evolution, incorporating best practices and process plans developed by the GPO.
Customer Relationship Management
- Manage relationships with the business areas requesting classifications and suppliers providing supporting information required to perform classifications.
- Manage the relationship and SLA with the 3rd partner suppliers of the central tariff classification database.
- Gathering of informal Tariff Classification customer feedback, reviewing performance and agreeing targets and plans.
- Communicating results to customers.
The Successful Applicant
- Active team member.
- Active participation in regular comms cells.
- Science Degree
- Working knowledge of Free Trade agreements and preferential origin rules.
- Working knowledge of other customs duty related special regimes/provisions.
- Working knowledge of global customs procedures.
- Knowledge of export regulations across the globe.
- Supply chain activities.
- Strong import/export classification experience in pharmaceutical or chemical industry.
- Strong customer focus.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
What's on Offer