You are here
Seeking Trademark Paralegal for
Global Commodity and Retail company
About Our Client
Working with them means you'll be making an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. They work as a team, celebrating success and supporting one another. Their associates work with a diverse group of like-minded people, in an innovative environment committed to doing the right thing - all across the world.
- Administer the Trademark estate within the Consumer Goods, monitoring and recording the progress of Trademark from initial Invention Disclosure through assignment documentation and to patent term expiry.
- The Trademark Paralegal would be the primary point of contact for external counsel, facilitate responses and issue instructions on all trademark and patent matters
- Assist with invoicing queries and creation of budget/spend reports
- Assist with building Patent portfolio structure and segmentation and value optimisation decisions
- Manage the licensed patent governance processes in line with existing guidelines - prepare reports, facilitate decisions and meet deadlines
- Be a key user of their patent portfolio management database and ensure that the data is kept current and accurate
- Assist in the definition and preparation of processes and reports to fulfil the requirements of their business model produced in Birmingham
The Successful Applicant
What the Trademark Paralegal needs to bring to this role is significant Trademark experience coupled with a technical education to degree level or equivalent. Formal training as a Trademark Paralegal would be useful but not essential. Paralegal experience could be gained at a legal firm, Patent Office, a University, other FMCG business etc. You will need to be well-organised and conscientious and able to lead with a positive, supportive and rigorous approach. Finally, additional experience with reviewing contracts and agreements, working in/with an R&D Department in the Birmingham office.
What's on Offer