You are here
- Trading Controller
About Our Client
My client is an established convenience & value retailer with a national footprint across various formats with a Retail Head office based in North Lincolnshire. The culture of the business is very proactive in driving their growth strategy and the environment is somewhere that you can make a difference.
Trading Controller - Ambient
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for developing effective supplier relationships, sourcing a range of products to meet the company's financial and marketing strategies
- Manage the trading performance of the category, including maximising sales growth, margin, profit and product availability.
- Select and source products and ranges
- Develop and execute a full category promotional programme to deliver sales growth
- Work closely with field teams to ensure full implementation and participation of trading initiatives
- Conduct supplier negotiations to deliver products and promotions that are competitively priced
- Proactively manage supplier relationships to identify areas where greater savings or business advantage could be made.
- Accurately forecast category promotions and liaise with stock controllers to ensure maximisation of service level to members.
- Review range and pricing policy of product portfolio .
- Work cross functionally across the business; Share information and develop effective working relationships.
The Successful Applicant
This role will appeal to candidates looking to operate in an autonomous environment with the ability to have key strategic input and make an impact on the category. With an impressive senior team in place to drive the growth and performance this is genuinely a fantastic opportunity Commercial Acumen
- Relevant retail/wholesale buying experience at Buyer or Senior Buyer level.
- Proven track record of results delivery and achieving financial targets.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills; able to close deals.
- Strong customer and market focus.
Leadership & Coaching
- People management experience.
- Ability to engage direct reports to deliver the plan with effective communication, clear goals and individual targets and objectives.
- Ability to coach and support individuals with their personal and professional development.
Drive for Results
- Energy, enthusiasm and drive to deliver results.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong analysis and decision making ability.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Understanding and demonstration of the need to share information through development of effective working relationships, both internally and externally.
Ability to influence colleagues at all levels across the business in order to effect required results.
What's on Offer
A Competitive salary and benefits package including car allowance
Trading Controller - Ambient