You are here
This position is now filled
- Leading UK Distributor - Leicestershire Based
- Multi Site Role - Monday / Friday Position
About Our Client
A leading UK distributor are actively looking at add an experienced Transport professional to their operation. The company are a leading UK figure, adopt a forward thinking mentality and offer fantastic opportunities to progress within their organisation.
The role of the Transport Manager will be to:
- Report to the UK Transport Manager
- Hold the O license for the site
- Responsible for all operational UK trunking
- Responsible for fleet a team of delivery drivers 40+
- Fully accountable for the day to day running of the transport function
- Management of planning, organise and supervise the activities and resources of the Distribution Team across the UK
- To be fully accountable to ensure that the sites are legally compliant at all times, this will include servicing & maintenance, driver's hours, tacho downloads both driver and vehicle unit along with all training - drivers CPC, MHE and manual handling.
- To ensure that the sites pass the transport audits at 95% each occasion.
- To ensure that the sites pass the H&S audit at 90% on each occasion.
- Accountable for achieving agreed KPI's and Business Targets by maintaining and monitoring the effectiveness of deliveries.
- Manage and work with the teams at the sites to control discipline, attendance and performance levels - service and cost, are in line with Company policy, expectations and transport regulations and legislation.
- Interaction with internal colleagues in internal sales functions and external agencies/contractors/ fleet operators
- Be commutable to Leicestershire
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background
- Be CPC National and / or International qualified (essential)
- 3+ Years Transport management experience (Shift Manager/ Transport Manager)
- Have managed in excess of 40 drivers previously
- Experienced in managing across multiple sites
- Have a good understanding of legal compliance, drivers hours and WTD's
- Experienced within multi-drop environments and operations
- Have great communication skills both written and verbal
What's on Offer
The role based in Leicestershire offers;
Salary - Â£35,000 - Â£40,000
+ Benefits and excellent progression opportunities