You are here
This position is now filled
- UK Leading 3PL - Fantastic Progression Available
- Leicestershire Based - CPC National Required
About Our Client
A UK leading 3PL are actively adding to their already strong and well established team. The contract remains strong after sustained growth, whilst the company offer fantastic opportunities to progress within their network.
The role of Transport Manager will involve the the successful individual:
- Report to the Contract / Regional Transport manager
- To lead and promote excellent Leadership standards and practices.
- To deliver targets and drive forward improvement plans.
- Effective execution of all delivery procedures to achieve the correct service levels for our customer's requirements.
- Ensure an efficient and professional level of service is provided to all customers.
- Ensuring all failings are monitored and recorded in accordance to company policy.
- Support with planning of manning levels, recruitment, training, development and the discipline of the team
- Communicate, motivate, train and develop your team of drivers effectively.
- Effectiveness of product recording, material entries and controlling stock movement.
- Understand and ensure that you implement and comply with the Company Health & Safety Policies and Procedures
- Responsibility for the maintenance of all vehicles on site and ensure they are all legally compliant and ideally have their CPC qualification
- Be commutable to Leicestershire
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experiences;
- Have a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background
- CPC National qualification - Essential
- Ideally 3 years' experience within Transport management
- Managed in excess of 25+ vehicles previously
- Warehouse, Logistics or Fleet management knowledge
- Supervisory experience including coordinating and mentoring a team
- Continuous improvement ethos
- Proven track record working effectively under pressure, handling and prioritising conflicting issues
- IT Literate
- Sound Knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Self-motivated and flexible, be able to use your own initiative
- Good communicator at all levels
- Confident to negotiate, challenge and influence
- Organised and good time management
What's on Offer
The position of Transport Manager based in Leicestershire offers;
Â£32,000 - Â£35,000 + Company Bonus and Benefits