You are here
Transport Operating Model Manager
- A leading retail business
- A tranport operations background is required
About Our Client
Our client is a leading retail business with sites across the UK.
The Transport Operating Model Manager will split their time between the head office and the network. Based within a commuting distance of Hemel Hempstead you will be responsible for driving the performance of a key 3PL transport provider and establish a standard operating model across our client's operation.
Sat within the development function some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Agree service levels with appropriate stakeholders
- Develop and own the transport SOP's
- Ensure transport processes are aligned with the warehouse operations
- Align KPI's to industry best practice
- Define the transport labour strategy
- Define the use of transport technology and software in the network
The Successful Applicant
The successful Transport Operating Model Manager will be a transport expert and be based within a commuting distance of Hemel Hempstead and/or London. You will need to able to demonstrate the following:
- A solid transport operations understanding, ideally having worked in Retail or for a 3PL provider.
- A track record of cost saving delivery within a transport operation.
- An understanding of complex transport networks and an ability to simplify.
- Experience in transport modelling and technologies e.g. Paragon and Telematics.
- An analytical approach to problem solving.
- Stakeholder management experience.
What's on Offer
A competitive basic salary and benefits package is on offer with this role.