You are here
Transport Operations Manager
£30,000 - £35,000
Opportunity to join a large 3PL
Progression and development within role
About Our Client
Market leading 3PL
- Manage the Depot Transport staff to deliver efficient Traffic plans to enable delivery of products to customers within agreed service levels.
- Reduce non contract maintenance and damage spends through the use of vehicle passports, daily confirmation of spend, in conjunction with other depots.
- Ensure all Fleet is utilised to the maximum capacity.
- Carry out frequent audits and manage the workload of staff.
- Motivate and develop the team through the use of personal development plans.
- Ensure all staff are fully trained and have the correct equipment.
- Ensure that the Transport team comply with all relevant statutes and regulations.
- Communicate with 3rd Party hauliers in regard to monitor and control of all reported defects.
- Check and approve maintenance related invoices.
- Ensure annual MOTs and weekly services on all fleet equipment are carried out on time.
- Monitor Audit and Control suppliers.
- Attend Monthly Customer review meetings in the absence of the Transport Manager.
- Accountable for all tasks that the Transport Manager delegates to the team
- Responsible for communication throughout department ensuring that team briefings include KPIs for staff accountability.
- Propose, agree and implement service improvements with customers in conjunction with other areas of the business
- Generate and implement ideas with regards to staff and operational changes, which will help drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure a secure and safe environment for staff, both in your department and across the wider business.
- Be responsible for the Transport Budget, to include various KPI's and costs.
- Support the company in regard to reducing its carbon footprint, for example reducing road miles.
- Good commercial knowledge of transport operations including experience of operating in a closed book - shared user environment
- 24/7 operational accountability.
- Ability to deputise for the Transport Manager.
The Successful Applicant
- Previous supervisory experience within a FMCG environment
- Planning and organising skills with a high level of numeracy.
- Excellent negotiating skills with the ability to influence and steer.
- Leadership and motivational qualities and proven experience of building a team.
- An effective communicator at all levels, good verbal and written skills.
- Personal motivation and confidence resulting in a positive impact.
- Genuine team player, a firm and confident manager who is skilled at setting clear objectives and motivating their team.
- Highly tolerant of change - able to work within an evolving organisation.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and drive changes in the business.
- Able to thrive in a highly competitive and demanding environment.
- Commercially focused, consumer orientated and customer service driven.
- Problem solving in a pressurised environment
- National and International CPC qualification - desirable.
What's on Offer
A salary between £30,000 and £35,000 + Benefits