You are here
This position is now filled
Transport Operations Manager
- An exciting FMCG Logistics Opportunity
- CPC Holder required
About Our Client
Our client is a growing food distributor with a prestigious customer base.
The Transport Operations Manager is required to manage a busy and highly successful Transport function, including drivers, vehicle fleet and route planning operations, ensuring our client's high standards of customer service and quality are maintained. Based in North London you will be responsible for same day, multi delivery logistics to a prestigious customer base requiring immediate customer response as well as planned use of company assets. The successful candidate will play a key role in driving and supporting the Company's ambitious growth plans.
- Ensuring effective day to day management of the transport and logistics functions, including direct driver management, in order to ensure that customer needs are met.
- Effectively manager a customer driven same day delivery service to drive "On Time in Full" service levels to a prestigious customer base.
- Manage the cost base of drivers and vehicle costs within Budget.
- Identify and implement a continuous improvement plan including route optimisation, vehicle fleet configuration and movement from a van shed operation to wave loading.
- Support and implement the introduction of new IT based systems to include route planning, 'wave loading' and warehouse management.
- Support the Shift Management team and Team Leaders to realise the maximum potential in all logistics employees - around 50 in total.
- Utilising management tools to ensure the business employs best practice to achieve its goals within Service, Quality, Cost, People and H&S.
- Ensure legal compliance across all business functions.
- Ensure maintenance of the company "O" License.
- Ensure cost effective maintenance of the vehicle fleet and capital replacement.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Transport Operations Manager will be based within a commuting distance of North West London and be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- Demonstrable experience in managing a transport and logistics function, within a same day delivery environment.
- Experienced in the use, and preferably implementation of route planning systems.
- You will be a current National CPC Holder.
- An ability to manage, motivate and develop a team of drivers and shift managers is essential.
- Recognition and awareness of key health and safety issues in the transport and logistics environment is also essential.
- IT literate and able to implement new systems.
- Customer facing experience is also highly desirable.
What's on Offer
A competitive basic salary is on offer for the successful candidate.