You are here
Transport Planning Manager
An exciting start up opportunity
Transport planning/routing/scheduling experience required
About Our Client
Urban Logistics UK are part of the Kion Group and the leading logistics provider to both the Linde and STILL brands. They provide specialist distribution solutions through an outsourced fleet of vehicles, delivering a service that is efficient and providing a high level of customer service.
The Transport Planning Manager will report directly to the General Manager and will be responsible for the transport planning team and the scheduling of the nationwide transportation of new, rental and used fork lift trucks on behalf the client. Based at HQ in Basingstoke you will be required to oversee and assist with the effective planning of vehicle routes and load configurations via the use of routing software. Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the day-to-day performance of the transport planning team, setting targets and measuring performance, identifying performance gaps and being the first point of contact should a problem arise.
- Assisting with route planning, providing leadership and support to the team ensuring efficiency and customer expectations are met at all times.
- Responsibility for the overall cost, performance, quality and compliance of all routes.
- Ensuring the daily plan is completed and effectively resolving any scheduling problems as they occur, managing all complaints calmly and decisively.
- Involved in the strategic development of the business, identifying and understanding organisational goals.
- Ensuring the fleet of available vehicles are effectively utilised by managing the team to exceed company transport performance targets.
- Maintaining a professional level of communication with internal and external customers, our preferred hauliers, suppliers and other departments within the business.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Transport Planning Manager will live within a commuting distance of Basingstoke and be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- A proven track record within a Transport Planning Management role with route optimisation experience and a good geographic knowledge of the UK.
- Able to work on your own initiative in a pressurised environment, effectively prioritising resources to meet set deadlines.
- The ability to manage and encourage change within a challenging new working environment whilst remaining professional and approachable at all times.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential requisites, SAP experience would be preferable and you must be proficient in the use of MS Office.
- Experience of transport planning/scheduling/routing software would be advantageous.
What's on Offer
A competitive basic salary and package is on offer for the successful candidate.