You are here
Treasury Operations Analyst
- Broad and varied treausry operations role, with full view of the business
- Growing and successful Challenger Bank
About Our Client
A growing and successful Challenger Bank
The Treasury Operations analyst will be the day-to-day hand's on management for the 'back-office' element of the Treasury function. As most of the day-to-day role will be interacting with the other parts of Treasury the role holder will require a good understand of the entire Treasury function to ensure that they provide the required support to the other activities of Treasury.
This role has a wide scope because it covers the entire back office activity and therefore requires a significant level of attention to detail, organisational excellence and operational accuracy to ensure all processes are performed as and when required.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring that all payments are made and received in a timely basis. Where discrepancies arise these are resolved as quickly as possible.
- The accurate and low risk settlement of securities via settlement infrastructure (Euroclear / Crest etc…)
- Trade confirmations checking and agreed within the required timeframe. Where appropriate escalated to the front office to resolve.
- Ensuring collateral is moved to meet any margin requirements as directed by the front office
- All required reporting internal, external and regulatory reporting produced as required
- Input into Treasury accounting
The Successful Applicant
- Experience of making and receiving payments on Treasury transactions - exposure to Treasury investment (gilts/govt debt, securities, money market investment) and derivatives (swaps, FRAs, futures) and repo, ideally in similar Treasury Operations Analyst role
- Knowledge of the settlement infrastructure (Euroclear, Creat etc…)
- Reconciliation of both cash and positions
- Understanding SWIFT messaging
- Collateral management / margin management process
- Knowledge of EMIR regulations
- Hedge accounting
- Managing third party relationships - outsourced Treasury function would be beneficial
- Comfortable dealing with bank counterparties, building relationships so ensure efficient execution and resolution of discrepancies
- Exposure to the Bank of England SMF / reserve account and other SMF facilities
- Desire to understand the detail of processes used in the Bank office
- Previous experience of SunGard Quantum
- Analytical mindset, comfortable working with numbers and can interrogate large volumes of data
- Highly self motivated
What's on Offer
A great all encompassing and challenging Treasury operations role within a growing banking sector