You are here
UK Operations Manager
- Strategic planning
About Our Client
This role will support client in all aspects of the business including co-ordination of site installation teams in order to deliver projects according to schedules and budgets, this also includes management of all aspects of the UK Office, including staff, buildings and assets.
- Recruit, develop, train, motivate and direct a skilled pool of office and site staff
- Assign employee responsibilities and maintain job description
- Develop performance standards
- Maintains office staff job results by appraising, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees
- Achieve a high standard of know-how by regular training
- Consult and advise the Project managers on general matters regarding site labour
- Oversee the management of the maintenance of the database of site supervision and labour, arranging training and certification as necessary to ensure a diverse pool of skills and age profile.
- Oversee the selection and co-ordination of temporary labour to suit project requirements
- Brief personnel on specific project requirements to ensure smooth execution
- Oversee the care and maintenance of all of the Company's physical assets and facilities
- Establish and monitor compliance with purchasing policies and procedures
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the operational services, through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions
- Continuously and conscientiously ensuring that all service contracts risk are considered and strictly covered under the CT risk assessment criteria
- Enforcing Company policies with respect to Health & Safety, QA, HR, etc
- Actively and proactively assist in preparing business development plans, annual budgets and forecasts
- Assist the Accounts office in, timely input of orders, raising of sales invoices and collection of outstanding debts
- Maintains office services by organising office operations and procedures
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organisations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organisation standards.
- Carry out any other duty within your capabilities as necessary and in particular your team members fellow colleagues.
The Successful Applicant
- Demonstrate experience in personnel management
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems
- Willingness to travel
- Experience of working both independently and and in a team-orientated, collaborative environment is essential
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Flexible during times of change
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients and other departments
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be willing to learn, understand and apply new technologies
- Ability to effectively prioritise tasks in a high pressure environment
What's on Offer
Please ask for more details