You are here
VAT Senior - Top 10 practice
City of London
Must have advisory experience
About Our Client
This Top 10 accountancy practice is a leading independent provider of investment management, accountancy, tax, corporate and financial advisory services to private clients, corporates, professional practices, and non-profit organisations. There are 13 offices in the UK and Ireland, 1,500 people and an international capability in over 100 countries. This opportunity is City of London based, where you provide VAT services to a broad range of companies, from quoted multinational groups to owner managed businesses. Through establishing close relationships with clients, your focus will be to deliver the most comprehensive business tax advice, and also ensure you are aware of the key opportunities and risks faced by your clients.
This is a unique opportunity to work directly with the VAT partners and other members of the senior VAT advisory team. The work is a mix of advisory and compliance. You will have the opportunity to meet and work with clients, gain an all-round knowledge and experience and learn both technical and softer skills. This is a challenging and interesting role, which will concentrate on building your experience with the aim of developing a rounded and capable VAT advisor able to work effectively with clients and with other teams in the wider firm.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong interpersonal skills and the technical ability to learn quickly on the job.
- Ambitious, but can work well in a team and are proactive in managing their own development.
- Strong report writing skills and the ability to express ideas and simplify complex issues are essential.
- Ideally be CTA qualified or working towards that qualification.
- Must have confidence in dealing with partners and clients, with the ability to work under pressure in a friendly environment.
- The successful candidate will constantly be exposed to different technical issues, different clients and different teams within the firm.
- An ability to pick up and be comfortable with complex matters quickly is very important.
What's on Offer
- VAT Senior role with scope for progression
- Top 10 Accountancy Practice
- Competitive salary
- City of London