You are here
- Leading Retail Distribution business based in Birmingham
- Opportunity to progress within a growing Retail business
About Our Client
My client is a leading retailer who are now looking for a modern day Warehouse Manager to come in and drive for operational improvement and efficiences.
The Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Overseeing warehouse operation
- Meeting / discussion with warehouse manager to raise and resolve any issues
- Maintaining & authorising working procedures and documents to ensure that the correct operating process is followed
- Advise warehouse manager on Packing priority & Third party warehouse delivery priority
- Assisting warehouse manage with availability issues. Assessing possible stock transfers & generating stock transfer request where necessary
- Manage warehouse and delivery processes to ensure goods are received, put-away, picked and packed according to procedure and to required standards
- Ensure goods are delivered on time and to customer's expectations and requirements
- Implement root-cause analysis to improve processes at source
- Produce reports and statistics to monitor performance and achievement of targets
- Develop the use of IT systems for continuous improvement in storage and retrieval of goods
- Setting up costing spreadsheets to meet customer requirements and business needs, producing costings for business proposals
- Producing management reports as and when required
- Ensure Health & Safety and housekeeping compliance in warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements in accordance with company policy and government legislation
- Ensure racking inspections are carried out and all remedial work is undertaken
- Take responsibility for the security of the building and physical stock integrity
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
- History of managing warehouse operations preferably in retail, food, FMCG or fashion
- History of managing & developing operational systems in a warehouse & import environment.
- Proven track record of business development & growth.
- History of managing product quality & service, with excellent working knowledge ISO 9000 quality management systems.
- Environmentally friendly approach to business with excellent working knowledge of ISO14000
- History of managing Health & Safety in the work place with excellent working knowledge of ISO 18000
- Ability to create costing spreadsheet involving multiple excel formulas
- History of stock management, including calculating production quantities, managing warehouse stock levels, managing customer depot stocks and maintaining store on shelf availability in excess of 98.5%
- Ability to create stock management databases in MS Access including queries tables & reports.
- Computer literate with excellent working knowledge of office software applications.
- Must have a strong HSE background and must be able to demonstrate the implementation of a strong H&S culture within the warehouse/s
- Be based within commutable distance to Birmingham
What's on Offer
£50,000 - £55,000 + benefits