You are here
- Leading 3PL Logistics Provider
- Peterborough Based / Monday To Friday Position
About Our Client
A Leading Peterborough based client are actively expanding their UK operations, by way of appointing a Warehouse Manager for their site.
This client are experience huge growth during 2016 which will be continuing for the coming years. Major contracts have recently been won and therefore plans to expand have begun to commence. The role offers a competitive salary ranging from £28,000 - £30,000, the chance to take ownership of a site, a Monday to Friday working pattern and fantastic opportunities to progress.
The position of Warehouse Manager will involes the successful individual to undetake duties which include -
- Report directly to the Operations Director
- Act as the most senior member on site
- Ensure the efficient operation of the warehousing functions.
- Maintain and improve performance levels both in terms of service and financial control.
- Responsible for producing, agreeing & managing the Warehouse budget, accounting for any variances.
- Management of legal compliance.
- Achieving KPIs including cases moved per hour, accuracy of stock received and dispatched, labour turnover, sickness and absence levels, service levels.
- Direct, motivate and develop the management team to equip them with the skills to effectively lead and manage their teams.
- Co-ordinate short & long term labour and equipment plans.
- Responsible for communication cascades throughout the warehouse operations.
- Propose, agree and implement service standard agreements for products with customers in conjunction with other areas of the business.
- Demonstrable change management abilities, ability to work within an evolving organisation and challenge the status quo driving change in a business.
- Consider proposals and implementation of improvement methods in regard to staff, operational changes to warehousing and associated activities which will improve efficiency or levels of performance.
- Ensure a secure and safe environment for staff and products.
- Compile accident statistics which in turn is used to implement improvements for Health & Safety.
- Support the Company in regard to reducing its carbon footprint, for example recycling initiatives.
- Client interface with all major customers including implementation meetings, customer reviews.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following experiences and must be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Have a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background
- Have 5+ years Warehouse management experience
- Have managed a team of 20+ operatives previously
- Strong leadership abilities, driving results through a team approach.
- Experience within a shared/multi user warehouse operation would be advantageous.
- Ability to engage, coach and develop your team. Ability to challenge the 'status-quo' of the operation and implement plans to improve.
- Strong communication skills, both internal and external.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent decision-making abilities and ability to integrate and apply information.
- Commercially focused and budget ownership.
- Experience within the FMCG shared user environment.
- To be able to lead from the front and command respect from their peers.
- Be commutable to Peterborough
What's on Offer
The position of Warehouse Manager will offer the successful candidates -
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000
+ Bonus & Benefits