You are here
Warehouse Team Leader
- Leading 3PL Logistics Business
- Peterborough Based Role / Monday - Friday
About Our Client
A successful 3PL client are actively expanding an already impressive operation in Peterborough. You will be working on a leading contract which will soon be delivering another large peak. The role requires somebody to be results driven whilst organically growing their own team. Naturally the role comes with huge opportunities to progress within the site and wider business.
The role of Warehouse Team Leader Includes:
- Reporting to the Shift Operations Managers
- To manage the operation within your daily area of responsibility, managing a team of warehouse team members.
- Be responsible for achieving operational targets, goals and contractual KPI's for the purpose of ensuring the provision of an effective and efficient quality service to RDC's.
- To manage and motivate the team by giving direction and leadership monitoring performance to ensure the depot achieves high performance levels.
- To ensure operational targets are met on a weekly and monthly basis.
- To provide accurate daily information to enable an effective handover.
- Proactively encourage a positive and constructive relationship on site with the union and union representatives.
- Ensure warehouse comply with health and safety regulations
- Ensure any disciplinary action is carried out following company procedure, and aim to resolve grievances on a day-to-day basis by leading by example.
- Undertake such duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function and department
- Any 5 from 7 shifts with a requirement to work additional hours/shifts as necessary
The Successful Applicant
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background
- 2+ years experience of working within a warehouse environment.
- Proven experience of supervising / managing a team of 10+ individuals
- Knowledge of warehouse management systems.
- Experience of disciplinary / grievance procedures.
- Ability to work on your own initiative, working to strict deadlines
- A good communicator both verbal and written
- Excellent PC skills
- A flexible team based approach
- General awareness of health and safety
What's on Offer
The position of Warehouse Team Leader in Peterborough offers;
- £28,000 - £32,000
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays