You are here
Wealth Management Lawyer - International Bank
- Wealth Management Lawyer
- International Bank
About Our Client
- To provide advice on wealth management transactions of all varieties and to help in the launch of new products - to include, regulated mortgages (including MCOB compliant mortgages), debit cards, and other products aimed in particular at HNW individuals.
- To instruct and liaise with external counsel, where approved for us.
- To prepare and negotiate, as required, relationship, transaction and transactional support documentation, with external counsel as necessary, to support both the wealth management and corporate financing activities of the Bank.
- To prepare and agree with Originators, operations and risk, as necessary, template documentation for financing activities in accordance with the banks standards.
- In respect of allocated work to identify and address all legal risks associated with the Bank's transactions, including capacity and authority to enter into the transaction.
- To provide training to the business lines.
The Successful Applicant
Knowledge of as many of Private Client/Wealth Management, Markets, Asset Management and Finance products offered by BLME as possible to be able to advise on and document financial, commercial, markets and other transactional activities under moderate supervision, but with a particular emphasis on Private Client/Wealth Management and the legal and regulatory rules applying to retail products.
Ideally some knowledge of Islamic concepts to be able to create and document Sharia'a compliant Private Client/Wealth Management, Markets, Asset Management and Finance products with moderate supervision.
Ability to identify legal risk in a transaction and propose commercial yet legal risk satisfactory solutions.
Ability to identify regulatory, operational or credit risk issues in a transaction and determine their significance and requirement to notify compliance, operations or credit departments as necessary.
What's on Offer
Competitive basic salary + benefits