You are here
Wholesale Merchandiser - Lingerie
A Merchandiser for a leading UK lingerie supplier
Experience working at an established Merchandiser for a fashion business
About Our Client
A long-established company that supplies major high-street retailers and brands with lingerie products. With exciting new projects underway to further develop the business, they are now looking for a Merchandiser to complement the team. Based in Greater London, near Richmond upon Thames / Twickenham, the office is easily accessible by train or by car.
The Wholesale Merchandiser - Lingerie will handle the day-to-day tasks involved in receiving orders from the major retailers and following the process from production through to delivery. The ideal candidate will have experience with SAP Business One, Fast React, and advanced MS Excel.
The key responsibilities of the role will involve:
- Receive order quantities from customers, check details against costing and critical path.
- Send orders to factory with required ex-factory dates.
- Checking customer PO's against Costing Sheets to check prices, Size Breakdowns and agreed quantities.
- Set up new products on SAP and define SKU's.
- Raise orders onto SAP and send to appropriate factory.
- Liaise with Account Manager, Factories and Customers to resolve all PO enquiries.
- Calculate Shipping Dates of any repeat orders based upon delivery dates agreed with the customer. Similarly for any Supplementary Orders, be it Replenishment, Continuity or Wholesale Orders.
- Update the system with customer and internal PO no's and quantities.
- Check and revise the system when changes to products are made.
- Set up all repeat orders onto the system.
- Action any changes to prices, factory or customer details, T&C's.
- Receive packing lists from factories, check details and input shipping info.
- Communicate by email any errors found on the packing lists.
- Email customer packing list to request booking slots.
- Email Freight Forwarder packing list and confirm booking details.
- Update Delivery Tracker throughout process with dates and ref no's.
- Communicate to customer any vessel delays and agree new booking dates.
- Send weekly list of deliveries to accounts to be invoiced.
Liaising with Customers
- Communicate by email or telephone regularly to maintain relationships.
- Send updates on delivery and critical path status.
- Process any repeat order enquiries, check MOQ's, lead times and confirm delivery dates.
Liaising with Suppliers - offshore
- Communicate regularly either by Skype, email or Facetime dependant on the factory.
- Monitor Critical Path dates and ensure tasks are completed on time.
- Update and inform relevant parties any changes to live orders.
- Manage bookings with our Forwarding Agents and plan imports once we receive Gold Seal approval to release goods.
- Order materials eligible for OPR and arrange Exports to factories.
- Run reports to account managers on sales & delivery performance.
- Each customer has their own 'way to work' processes which we have to accommodate as best we can - there is not a prescriptive process for all customers.
- To work closely with Account Managers, Technical Team and be aware at all times of any impact to Critical Path management, be it from customers, suppliers or our own internal workload.
The Successful Applicant
The candidate for the Wholesale Merchandiser - Lingerie role will ideally have Lingerie or Footwear experience working with a supplier. Applications from candidates working within apparel for a retailer or brand will also be considered, as there is opportunity to learn and develop within this product area in the business.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and package is on offer to the successful candidate, as well as being located in a central area on the outskirts of London, close to Twickenham / Richmond.