You are here
Do you have account management experience within a fashion business?
Are you looking for a new opportunity based in Surrey?
About Our Client
A leading Accessories and Footwear supplier based outside of London, in Guildford, working with high-street accounts.
The role of the Wholesale Merchandiser / Account Manager for the accessories business based in Surrey will include:
- Customer liaison - telephone, occasional internal / external meetings, order confirmations, sample requests / approvals, handling day to day email correspondence
- Supplier liaison - placing of orders, monitoring and progressing orders, ordering samples & inputting specs / amendments, price / shipment date negotiation
- Managing critical paths, project and time management (expected to manage this on your own)
- Inputting orders accurately onto database & accurate maintenance/update
- Ordering correct product equipment and dispatching to suppliers
- Product risk assessment and ordering of tests, collating results and submitting to customer
- Co-coordinating dispatch of orders with various departments
- General administration duties (telephone, email, database)
The Successful Applicant
This role of Wholesale Merchandiser will be reporting into the Merchandise Manager directly, and will need to be able to demonstrate the following key skills and experience in order to be successful:
- Good standard of education ideally fashion related graduate or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have merchandising and / or purchasing background, ideally in fashion/footwear field
- Must have excellent organizational skills and an eye for detail, 100% accuracy is key
- Must be able to prioritize, multi-task and work well in a pressured environment
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
You will have experience in managing the production process for an accessories or footwear business, whether that be in an existing Wholesale Merchandiser/Account Management position working for another supplier business within the fashion sector, or as a Buyer's Assistant or Assistant/Trainee Merchandiser role working for a footwear or accessories retailer.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary is on offer to the successful candidate, working between 9.00-5.30 with the potential for part-time (4-days a week), 20 days holiday increasing with service to up to 25 days plus 8 days BHs, on-site car parking is also available.