You are here
Have you got experience in inventory management?
Do you, or have you worked in a Wholesale environment?
About Our Client
The retail business is a rapidly growing, forward-thinking supplier of Gifts, Toys and Gadgets to the UK and International retail markets. They are looking for a dynamic, confident Merchandiser their team based in Surrey.
Reporting into the Wholesale Director/Commercial Director, the Wholesale Merchandiser will be responsible for effectively and accurately managing the intake of stock across the business. From the point of order through to delivery, liaising with the supply chain, finance & buying teams within the business. You will work closely with the sales team regarding stock levels and forecasting to effectively manage the shipping schedule.
The Wholesale Merchandiser will control and maintain accurate stock figures within the business to ensure effective reconciliation and full traceability. Communication skills are key to this role, as you will be liaising with a number of internal and external stakeholders, and responsible for highlighting any stock issues or opportunities prior to delivery. With an eye for details and excellent investigative skills you will ideally have stock control experience within a wholesale or retail environment.
The key responsibilities will involve:
- Manage Wholesale WSSI
- Plan stock intake to meet existing and future requirements, working closely with Supply Chain Team to achieve in stocks as required
- Maximise in stock availability through effective planning, working to agreed stock requirements
- Produce and present daily / weekly stock figures, and sales forecasts to senior management and key stakeholders
- Correctly identify customer delivery issues through the use of the ERP system.
- Liaise with sales team on over stocks, stock shortages and stock movements.
- Produce and utilise low inventory/sales detail reports to advise current and future stock position.
- Maintain company delivery schedules and intake trackers.
- Managing the intake of all products across a wide customer base, including individual packaging and specific labelling for customers.
- Liaise with Hong Kong office on FOB or overseas orders.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will possess the following key skills and experience:
- Previous experience of working in a stock/ inventory management role.
- Previous experience of working in a team with the motivation to succeed as an individual and as a team member.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills able to communicate at all levels.
- High levels of experience of using Excel as well as in-house ERP systems.
- A positive can do outlook, with the ability to manage a busy and varied work load.
- A confident and proactive individual able to represent the wider business and customers.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and package is on offer, working in a fun, fast-paced, dynamic, growing business based in the heart of Surrey, with plenty of amenities in the local area.