Job Vacancy Details
Updated February 26, 2013
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an HR Manager to join Tchibo; reporting to the Managing Director, Tchibo UK and the Head of HR International in Germany; the HR Manager will lead and run all local HR operations from the Tchibo UK head office in Epsom, Surrey.
The successful candidate will be an active member of the local management team, representing the HR function and acting as a business partner to the Managing Director. This role will be pivotal in driving the development of the organisation and its people. Acting as a change agent for local initiatives, the HR Manager will support the line managers and help them fulfil their leadership role; communicating a strong employer brand which reflects the values of the organisation.
Who we're looking for
Tchibo seek a credible, confident and personable HR professional to join their UK team. Commercially aligned to the business you will be able to lead the HR team autonomously ensuring that there are robust and accurate HR processes in place.
• With strong communication and influencing skills you will have a track record in an HR leadership role and be an active member and contributor to the Tchibo international HR team.
• The successful candidate will have a progressive HR career, ideally within FMCG or food services.
• Have extensive knowledge of UK labour and employment law as well as experience in effective Recruitment, People Development and Succession Planning.
• Able to work effectively as part of a team as well as under own initiative
• Whilst the ability to speak German is an advantage it is not essential, the successful candidate will be required to travel within the UK and Europe.
• Graduate calibre and CIPD qualified
About our client
Founded in 1949 by Max Herz, Tchibo has been synonymous with freshness and quality in the coffee market for over 60 years. Originally a coffee mail-order firm, it has evolved into an international company and operates in many more business sectors than the traditional selling of coffee. Over the years, Tchibo has systematically expanded its range and distribution paths, ensuring diversity and quality the world over with strong brands.
Some 40 years after the company was founded, in the early 1990s Tchibo made the leap from a national to a successful internationally operating company. Within a few years Tchibo grew - through determined expansion in Central and Eastern European - into one of Europe's leading coffee providers. Tchibo has subsidiaries in Austria, Switzerland, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Russia, Romania and Turkey, and exports coffee to over 40 countries around the world.
What's on offer
Competitive salary + Excellent Benefits
For further info, apply or phone on +44 (0) 1932 264 000. Job Ref: 13218229
Your application will be sent to Chris Taylor.