Job Vacancy Details
Permanent ⁄ £54000 - £68724
Updated September 27, 2012
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Finance and with a strong working relationship with the CFO, you will support the financial management of the University. Main duties will include the management of the preparation of University budgets, forecasts and management accounts. You will be responsible for the development of resource allocation modelling for the University and contribution analyses which will be essential in support of the University strategic and operational planning.
Key responsibilities will be:
• Provision of cost analysis (e.g. research projects, capital projects, courses), workload modelling and analyses and to identify potential cost savings and value for money opportunities
• To develop and implement ongoing cross-charging of central costs for the various school accounts
• The management of the preparation of consolidated monthly management accounts, financial forecasts, annual budgets and 5 year plans for the University and proactively identify issues arising from these.
• To update the ERDF and other overhead recovery calculations on an annual basis
• To champion best practice and consistency in the production of management accounting information, including use of KPI's and presentations
• To set month end and other timetables in discussion with the Deputy CFO and Group Financial Accountant and ensure that they are adhered to
Who we're looking for
A CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified, degree educated, resilient Finance professional, with excellent communication and leadership skills. You will thrive in a fast paced environment and be able to articulate ideas under pressure.
You will have the ability to operate effectively and proactively in a complex environment, with highly developed problem solving skills. The post requires an individual of high calibre andintellect who is able to contribute to the strategic view but to work at a detailed level as judged necessary.
An experienced line manager, you will lead the Management Accounting team. Excellent interpersonal skills are a must and you will be required to liaise with other teams and departments representing Finance across the University.
You will be a lateral thinker managing varied, sometimes competing demands and timescales. A continuous business improvement approach is essential, underpinned by excellent service provision.
About our client
Founded in 1985 and a University since 1966, Aston is a long established research-led University known for its world-class teaching quality and strong links to industry, government and commerce.
Aston has been a leading university for graduate employment success for over 25 years.
The University is currently ranked 5th in the UK and 1st outside London for graduate employment.
What's on offer
£54,000 - £68,724 dependant on experience plus Public Sector benefits
For further info, apply or phone on +44 (0) 121 634 6920. Job Ref: 13238940
Your application will be sent to Daniel Edwards.
Sales Account Executive - Hospitality Godalming. Permanent
European Recruitment Manager Leeds, Marlow or Home Based. Permanent
Customer Service Telephone Agents - Japanese speaking Ireland - Dublin. Permanent
Telemarketer Bracknell. Permanent