Job Vacancy Details
Midlands / North West
Updated October 4, 2012
• A fantastic Regional Sales Manager opportunity is available with Crowcon, who are a leading manufacturer of gas detection equipment.
• This is a hands on business development and key account management role dealing with clients right across the region.
• Crowcon's products are sold throughout a variety of end user markets including oil, gas and petrochemical companies, public utilities, clean water and sewage treatment companies, construction companies and other organisations where accidental leakage of gas or vapour can become a toxic or explosive danger.
• This is a technical sales role where you will be responsible for both fixed and portables detection systems, building packages that best suit your clients.
• Attend trade show and give presentations to clients at all levels, from board level to production and health and safety managers.
• When managing existing business you will deliver an excellent service and maximise the potential spend of each customer.
Who we're looking for
The Successful Regional Sales Manager will:
• Show drive and commitment to meet new clients and win new business.
• Possess a proven track record of regional sales management ideally within the instrumentation/process control or technical/industrial markets.
• Experience of gas detection systems would be an advantage, but not essential (training will be provided).
• A proven ability to develop new business in a technical sales role is more important than gas detection specific experience.
• Be results orientated with a strong will to win
• Will be an effective communicator, commercially astute, with excellent presentation skills and wish to join a professional forward thinking company.
• Culturally aware you will be tenacious yet structured in your approach and bring real dynamism to the team through your "can do" attitude.
• The ideal candidate will be based in the Midlands or North Westwith flexibility for the right candidate.
• Be results orientated with an ability to work on own initiative and have a strong will to be successful.
• The key to this role will be showing your personality and a real drive and passion for winning new business.
About our client
Crowcon Detection Instruments Ltd specialises in developing, manufacturing and marketing innovative, reliable and cost-effective flammable and toxic gas detection equipment. The company was formed in 1970 and has constantly led the field with products designed for safety and environmental monitoring needs.
Their mission statement is "To be the design, manufacturing and support partner of choice for gas detection systems that protect life and property"
Based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire in the UK and with branch offices in Europe, North America and South East Asia, Crowcon currently employs over200 full time staff in sales, marketing, customer support, research & development, manufacturing and engineering. Crowcon also operates a manufacturing facility in Beijing to support the local Chinese market.
Crowcon are a fast growing company with opportunities for career progression for the right candidate
Crowcon has been a part of the Halma Group since 1985. Halma is listed on the Midcap London Stock Exchange (FTSE 350) and is recognised as one of the most successful engineering groups in the World.
What's on offer
Competitive Basic Salary
Attractive and achievable uncapped bonus
Full benefits package
A fantastic opportunity to progress your sales career in a growing business.
For further info, apply or phone on 0121 230 9437. Job Ref: 13247390
Your application will be sent to Jack Chambers.