Job Vacancy Details
Updated August 19, 2012
Reporting to the Chairman, you will be tasked with helping BDL achieve their business goals. BDL wish to recruit a driven, career minded and suitably qualified individual to join their winning team and take their HR function to the next level. Particular priorities for HR include Learning & Development, Succession Planning and Management Development & HR Governance.
Your responsibilities will include:
•Liaise with the management team to provide effective Operational HR services and advice.
• Develop, implement and maintain an effective HR strategy and consistent HR working policies and practices across the Group.
• Ensure compliance with all employment legislation and advise managers and employees on the interpretation and application of current employment law, terms and conditions, and HR policies and procedures.
• Ensure that BDL Group compensation and benefits remain competitive and appropriate
• Ensure, with the Management Team, that an appropriate workforce and succession planning is in place to support the achievement of company goals.
• Lead and manage recruitment activities across the BDL Group.
• Provide appropriate learning and development policies and processes i.e. performance management/appraisals, career development, industry specific training initiatives.
• Develop and deploy appropriate employee initiatives to facilitate a high performance and engaged culture.
• Management of relationships with external HR service providers including but not limited to payroll, trainers and professional organisations.
Who we're looking for
You will be a CIPD qualified, HR Generalist with experience of working at a similar level, preferably from within the construction or service industries.In combination with an excellent knowledge of employment law, you will be skilled in designing and implementing new/improved HR policies and procedures as well as working with and developing line managers to ensure that they are equipped to ensure the continued success of the company. In order to succeed in this role you will need to be commercially minded with strong communication and influencing skills including project management.
• Sound business acumen, understanding of commercial factors and able to grasp business fundamentals quickly.
• Sound knowledge of Learning & Development.
• Demonstrated ability to coach and improve people management capability.
• Experience of employee mediation and issue resolution.
• Strong stakeholder management & influencing skills.
• Effective reader of company dynamics.
• Ability to be flexible and deal with ambiguity.
• Comfortable dealing with conflict and challenging the norm with managers and team leaders.
• Strong communication & project management skills.
• Self starter with proven record of implementing and embedding HR initiatives.
About our client
With over 30 years experience & a turnover of £50m, the award winning BDL Group PLC is the UK's leading Drylining Contractor who provides a high-quality service to both Commercial and Residential sectors, encompassing drylining, rendering, screeding and external façade systems. Having enjoyed steady growth, BDL now have 120 staff and approximately 550 craft operatives working for them at any one time. BDL work across London, the Home Counties and the South, as projects demand. Recent prestige projects include The Shard, Westfield Shopping Centre, Terminal 5 & the Olympic Athletes' Village.
What's on offer
£45,000-£55,000 + Benefits, which include Private Health Care, Permanent Health Insurance & Pension
For further info, apply or phone on +44 (0) 1932 264 000. Job Ref: 13247584
Your application will be sent to Nicola Foulner-Hunter.