The AQR monitors the quality of listed and major public interest audits, and the processes and procedures of the major audit firms. As a member of the AQR team you will participate in reviews of the Big 4 and other large audit firms dealing with senior partners and staff at those firms.
• Visiting audit firms and reviewing their processes and audit methodologies;
• Making an assessment of the work carried out on major audits, including the judgments made by audit partners on key audit and accounting issues;
• Interviews/ meetings with the audit partners and other team members on the relevant audits and meeting with senior partners and staff; and
• Report findings with recommendations to the firms.
Who we're looking for
• Member of ICAEW, ACCA, ICAS or ICAI;
• Experience at Audit Senior Manager or above in public practice. Experience at a Big 4 preferred;
• Candidates should have a good knowledge of IFRS and auditing of UK listed companies/other major entities; and
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and the confidence and ability to engage with and, where appropriate, challenge senior partners.
About our client
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) is the UK's independent regulator responsible for promoting high quality corporate governance and reporting to foster investment.
What's on offer
• The FRC offers competitive remuneration packages (base salary range £80,000 ‐ £90,000), with generous benefits, discretionary annual bonus and 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave;
• The FRC has a strong work/ life balance ethos;
• Part time would be considered, but full time preferred;
• The role provides a unique insight into how the major firms operate and how they are responding to current issues in the profession and changes in regulatory requirements. You will also have the satisfaction of being able to influence changes in the practices and procedures of the major audit firms to enhance quality; and
• The opportunity to work with other parts of the FRC.
Contact For further info, apply or phone on 0207 269 2249. Job Ref: 12186285 Your application will be sent to Colin Hawkins.