Are you recently qualified, where do you see yourself working. What do you see yourself doing and how do you get there? There are a wide scope of options available to you at this point in your career and Michael Page Finance and Consultancy are here to guide you through that crossroad.
We work with a huge range of companies nationwide, from large city banks, Big Four firms and FTSE 100 firms, through to SMEs and dynamic start-ups – not to mention the opportunities we can offer via our network of c.150 offices across 35 countries worldwide. So whatever your background and career objectives, you can take advantage of our extensive network of contacts to ensure that you have the widest selection of opportunities in your chosen field.
By using Michael Page, you will be in the care of specialist consultants who will be able to advise on all aspects of choosing the right career path for you. Due to our focus on specialist areas, we have in-depth knowledge of a range of industries, meaning that whatever your need there will be a specialist consultant to guide you through every step of the recruitment process.
There are a wide range of options available to you, including industry & commerce, public sector, not for profit, professional services and financial services. Even if you have no direct experience within a certain sector that does not hinder your chances of succeeding in your desired role. That is where we can help.
Industry & commerce - Currently recruiting for the majority of the FTSE 100, including large brand names such as BG, Centrica, GlaxoSmithKline, Kingfisher and Land Securities.
Public Sector and Not for Profit – We partner with a wide range of institutions.
The types of role available for both sectors are:
- Group Accountant – Involves half-year and year-end reporting, often with responsibility for consolidation of accounts and some non-specific tax and treasury work.
- Management Accountant – Involves the provision of financial information to guarantee that an organisation's management makes educated decisions to ensure future development and profitability.
- Financial Analyst – Provide information and recommendations to operational and non-finance areas so they can make better informed decisions.
- Internal Audit – When compared to external audit, internal audit offers more project –based work, as opposed to the pure audit you have in an external audit role. Typical activities tend to include project work, controls and risk, stakeholder engagement and understanding the business as a whole.
- Treasury – The treasury teams are the nucleus of any multinational business. You will gain exposure in funding, risk and cash management.
- Corporate Development – The planning and execution of strategies to meet the objectives of the organisation. M&A, arranging strategic alliances and securing corporate financing are just some of the activities which are included in corporate development.
- Tax – Sitting at the nexus of legal, treasury, finance and day-to-day operations.Tax is a dynamic area that gives exposure to a constantly changing environment and immense international exposure.
Professional Services. We partner with clients across all fee earning job types from junior part-qualified positions, to equity partner positions, and ensure we have the best placed consultants with the relevant amount of experience to assist.
The types of role available for this industry are:
- Audit – Specialise in an industry sector at a large firm or obtain a varied client base in a mid-tier practice.
- Transaction Support – Commercial and financial transaction support work plays a key role in preparing a strong negotiating position for the client.
- Lead Advisory – The sharp end of corporate finance, advising clients on a range of deals. You will need to understand the objectives of all parties and have strong negotiation skills.
- Tax – Develop a specialism where you advise clients in changing and complex legislation, that has a direct effect on their profitability.
- Management Consultancy – Working with clients on challenging projects within fast changing environments. These projects can range from financial transformation, mergers and acquisitions and operational change.
- Corporate Recovery – Working as an advisor to underperforming business will hone your commercial skills and give you real world experience across the spectrum.
- Forensic – A mix of accounting and investigation work, researching financial and business issues, often where some form of litigation is pending.
For more information on the topics discussed in this article, contact Kyra Cordrey on 020 7269 2433 or email email@example.com.