We are not necessarily talking about lawyers who are unhappy in their current role, it’s about assessing where you want to be professionally in the coming years. In fact a good proportion of the lawyers we speak to conclude that their current role/firm can satisfy their mid-term goals.
So what about you? Have you given your career a mini spot-check as you edge towards that five year PQE mark?
(1) Progression prospects – Climbing the ladder
- Am I realistically going to reach partner at my firm in the next five years?
- And the even bolder question – Do I want to be a partner at this firm?
(2) Work/life balance and flexibility
(3) Private practice Vs In-house