You are here
Rutland County Council
We are Rutland – a unitary Council delivering all local government services for our 39,000 residents.
We provide a diverse range of services and are able to get closer to the things that really matter to the community. Our teams are made up of people with a huge range of skills from all kinds of backgrounds. We embrace the ideas of everyone who works here, no matter what their level or role, and encourage every individual to seize new opportunities whether for personal growth or for the benefit of our services.
We want to attract the best people who will build their career with us, helping to shape services long into the future.
We're succeeding. We have a structure that enables our staff to experience a great deal of breadth and scope in their roles. We may have three directorates, but working as One Council ensures our customers remain at the heart of every decision and action agreed. We bring together our strengths, share our challenges and successes, and keep each other informed to ensure we work effectively to deliver quality services time and time again.
- Coaching and mentoring to develop your leadership skills
- Financial support and time off for study to achieve additional qualifications needed for your role
- Easy access to a variety of internal and external training courses, as well as a range of e-learning modules through our Learning Management System.
- Family friendly - flexible working policies to enable you to balance work and home commitments
- Annual leave - 29 days (plus an additional 5 days after 5 years' service)
- Access to pool cars when travelling on Council business, as well as Pool Bikes and Electric Bikes for business travel
- Parking permits for car parks across Oakham – payment can be deducted monthly from your salary (discounted for part-time staff), with discounted parking if you car share with a colleague
- Reimbursement for business mileage at HMRC rates
- Relocation expenses if you are moving to Rutland to join us (where eligible) - including support for removal, travel and legal costs
- Defined benefits pension scheme with the LGPS, including the option to make additional voluntary contribution. Life assurance cover from the moment you join the Local Government Pension Scheme, offering a lump sum equal to two years' pay if you die in service
- Payment of fees for membership to one professional body where this is a requirement of your role.
Our team of c.500 work hard to deliver quality services to our customers, and are proud of what we do.
We have four key values embedded across the organisation:
One Council - we only succeed when we work together
Commitment - a desire to deliver every time
Communication - consider and inform each other
Customers First - delivering quality services to our customers.