ACA First Time Mover Role- Senior Finance Analyst
Fantastic opportunity to become an integral part of a well known local business.
Perfect opportunity for a first time mover from practice to take the next step.
About Our Client
Well known brand based in the Midlands.
- Demonstrate compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) guidance applicable to internal and external reporting processes
- Use available technical accounting tools to review and interpret literature as appropriate for commercial and business matters
- Provide proactive technical accounting guidance for relevant issues and projects to support business needs
- Contribute to the delivery of timely and accurate external reporting documents ensuring compliance with IFRS and Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Where relevant, support the implementation projects of new or revised accounting standards
- Perform analytical review and variance analysis for components to validate the quality and compliance of the group's legal entities with IFRS and group accounting policies
- Provide key point of contact for overseas components throughout reporting cycle
- Contribute to the further development of transparency and standardisation of reporting to optimise processes and improve quality
- Support the annual audit and quarterly interim reviews conducted by an external accounting firm to ensure timely and efficient fulfilment of all requests and timely resolution of matters
- Support relevant requests from parent company to enable efficient and timely resolution of outstanding matters
- Support and ensure compliance of key accounting processes with Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Assistance in the preparation of Audit Committee presentations
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Excellent technical accounting expertise, with practical knowledge and experience with International Financial Reporting Standards
- Professional accountancy qualification - ACCA / ACA / CA
- Recent experience working for a large accountancy firm
- Excellent analytical skills to validate, challenge, and corroborate financial reporting submissions and enable resolution of issues
- Strong MS Office suite proficiency (primarily Excel and Word)
- Demonstrates a continuous improvement mind-set - able to pro-actively identify and support implementation of process improvement opportunities
- An individual who is comfortable to take initiative to take ownership of assigned areas and projects (individually or as part of a team) with appropriate level of direction from seniors
- Capable of prioritising workload to focus on resolution of key issues in an agile and responsive manner
- Excellent communicator who can explain complex principles or concepts in an easy-to-understand manner to both finance and non-finance stakeholders
- An individual who demonstrates curiosity to challenge what they are told and who shows a desire to learn, responding constructively to new ideas and inputs.
- Involvement with, or assessment of, compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and SEC reporting requirements
- Experience with data analytics tools (e.g. SQL, Tableau) and familiarity with cloud technologies
- Experience working with large, cross-border, multinational teams.
What's on Offer
Competitive package and benefits
Unrivalled career progression.