Account Director, Healthcare
Excellent Account Director opportunity in the healthcare agency space in London
Account managing programmes for clients & bringing ideas to life!
About Our Client
Our client are a family of expert practices, working in partnership to drive positive change in healthcare communications and market access.
Founded in 2011 and with 15 offices across 6 different countries (US, UK, The Netherlands, Germany, India and China), our client have over 700 employees worldwide and work with 90% of the world's top 40 pharmaceutical companies, across a broad client base including biotechnology and medical devices.
Our client focus on three core areas: medical affairs consultancy and content (publications planning and execution, multi-channel medical education and internal training), PR/advertising/patient engagement and market access. They are global leaders in multi-channel medical education, internal training and partnering with clients looking to think beyond the science and create fresh, purposeful, clinically relevant solutions.
As part of the Medical Communications team, you'll be responsible for the following activities: Working in an Account Management team, alongside Medical Writers and a Creative team, to manage client requirements and deliver projects;
- Full ownership of the communications programme for each client, ranging from strategic input to day-to-day management of tactics (based on the specific needs for each account)
- Ensure optimal financial management of each account and demonstrate a clear understanding of all financial processes within the business
- Monitor forecast and plans in conjunction with Senior Account Managers, Account Managers and Account Executives to ensure business objectives are met, on time and within budget
- Ensure the finance team is kept up to date with all relevant information and manage financial issues in a timely manner
- Thorough understanding of the clients' business objectives, product strategy and relevant therapeutic area. Clear communication of this to all internal team members, as relevant
- In depth understanding of the relevant NHS organisations, policies and processes that impact upon the business
- Responsibility for building and maintaining professional relationships with opinion leaders (industry and NHS)
- Manage and influence senior-level client contacts and maintain positive working relationships, immediately identifying any issues and leading remedial action, as required
- Promote a range of services to all clients, identifying new business opportunities
- Ensure all account team members take ownership for their business and appropriate levels of responsibility
- Contribute to discussions regarding overall company strategy and coordinate effectively and efficiently with appropriate members of the team
- Ensure effective cross-company working on integrated accounts, where appropriate
- Support the development and training of Account Executives, Account Managers and Senior Account Managers; line management responsibility of AMs, SAEs, AEs, where appropriate
The Successful Applicant
* It is strongly preferred that you have a sciences degree *
- Significant experience in a healthcare agency or pharmaceutical company role
- Someone who enjoys regular client contact either though face to face meetings, phone and written communication
- You get a great deal of satisfaction from delivering exciting and innovative projects on time and in budget
- You have a high attention to detail to ensure that quality outputs are delivered to your clients
- You enjoy working as part of a supportive and dynamic team
- Can share your passion and enthusiasm with your clients and colleagues - a collaborative team worker
- Are keen to learn new skills and therapy areas
- Interested in developing new ideas to bring science and medicine to life
- Able to build relationships with clients (external & internal) and value the importance of creating a good rapport
- You actively grow client business
- You keep your team appropriately engaged and well informed and you actively mentor and lead within the team
- Strong understanding of science & medicine, the healthcare environment & the Medical Education/Comms industry
- Manager, trainer, delegator with strong leadership skills
- Excellent project management and analytical skills with financial acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Competent in using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Sound understanding of the ABPI code of practice
What's on Offer
Our client are looking to pay between £50-60k as well as you receiving a number of other benefits;
29 days holidays (25 plus an additional 3 at Christmas shutdown and your birthday off), flexible start and finish times around core office hours, Group Income Protection, Private Medical Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme and Life Assurance, as well as many other perks.
I look forward to hearing from you!